New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New CX-7 user

Old 10-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Default New CX-7 user

glad to join the forum. We just purchased an 08 CX-7, that we love!!! Picked over the Ford Edge mainly on price with all the toys but this car handles and runs like a champ with the Turbo 4 cylinder. Only thing I am interested in now is wheels. I want to put a set of 20's on it but really dont know what way to go with it. It is black with dark tint so I am sure anything will look good but I wanted to get opinions anyway........if there is a site with some good pics that would help also.....

Also I am curious, what does anyone use to treat the patterned dashes, etc. in these cars?? I want to put armor all on it but I always heard on the patterned dashes you werent supposed to do that. Any thoughts there as well, thanks in advance!!

Old 10-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New CX-7 user

Hey J!! Welcome to our lil' site and to the Mazda extended family!!
You're right. Almost anything can look good on black... except dirt of course, and you'll be washing black a lot.
I'm not a huge fan of black wheels on just anything, but have seen black Speed3s that look awesome w/black wheels. I think they would do your CX justice too.
Almost anything will work though. It just depends on your own sense of taste. Silver, gold, a light bronze... I'm persoanlly not crazy about the way a dark bronze looks against black though. Even polished or chromed if that is your thing!?
Got to tirerack.com. Put in your cars info and save it, then check out some wheels there. They have an option that will let you see what the car is liable to look like w/them... and in your cars color too!!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:06 PM

I have gone to Tirerack before and I just cant get a good feel for the looks through the site. I like when people post their pictures on sites like this. Gives me a better idea of size, spacing, look, etc.

I was just considering some chrome CX-9 wheels, simple but gives it a little class and excitement with the chrome look. This is my wifes car so I dont need to go broke on it you know. 20" was about where I was going to stay although I have seen a guy on the site with 22's that look good but I would rather put 22's on my truck!!!

Thanks for the ideas, keep in touch!

Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 AM

for a fitment that i know will work, look at a 20x9.5-10 and a 38+ offset with a 275/45/r20 tire. i know someone who has that set up and they fit perfect with no rubbing.

welcome to the boards.