New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Major issue- Mazda axela

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 03:59 PM
Default Major issue- Mazda axela

Hi there, I have a Mazda 2006 axela import. It is a great car. I’ve had it since 2016. In 2018 up until now my car is having a major issue that no one can’t find...

it has occurred 10 times within two years randomly. I am driving along and suddenly the motor cuts out and my car slowly dies. I pull over, take the key out and turn it back on and it goes perfectly fine again. The battery light comes on along with other lights such as the engine oil light, power steering and engine.

I have noticed that when this happens, it happens when there is more voltage needed. It has happened when I turn on the indicators, window wipers, when someone rings me through my Bluetooth etc.

I have taken it to two different mechanics, the Mazda dealership, and had the battery read multiple times. It’s had two new batteries, a new alternator installed and earths. Every time the battery readings come back, they all come back saying it’s great.

unfortunately, the diagnostic systems never show the fault as the issue only happens randomly and it has never happened while being in the hands of someone looking at it.

I also had a radio installed three years ago by a car radio installer. A year later it blew on me and stopped working. So I took it back and he fixed it however I think it could’ve been a bit of a dodgy job. I am unsure if this could be anything to do with the issue but could be something to do with it.

I really hope someone will be able to find the issue. Any thought of what it may be will be helpful. My next thinking is maybe it is the ECU?