New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Im proberbly a up and comming mazda owner :o)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Default Im proberbly a up and comming mazda owner :o)

Hi there folkes.

Well making a long story short, I fell in love with the mx5 seeing it cruise around the streets at night.
The car i just about as cool as i want 'em, however i'm limiting myself to the 1999+ models cus' i dont fancy the flap-headlights.

I'm not a new driver, as I've driven around in the parents cars for quite some time, and for about 3 years back now i bought a VW beetle from '73... beeing a quite cool car, i figure I've got to get me some kinda "real" car.... and the slick looks of mx5, and the low price (as I'm currently finishing up my ingeneering degree) it seems to be going for these days the car seems perfect for me.

So what am I doin' inhere yapping about with my dreams? Well as luck would have it, I'm an IT-ingeneer and I do see the benefit of learning from the web... so basically i'm here to find out if theres any reason good enought to talk me out of buying this piece of machinery.

Of course hopen there ain ).

Thats my dime...
/Kenneth Andersen, Denmark (henceforth known as Partyman)

[IMG]local://upfiles/1979/749B1A3A718141AA895EE0F0F4A7E97C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Default RE: Im proberbly a up and comming mazda owner :o)

Well hope you become a proud and happy Mazda owner like all the rest of us!

Welcome to the forum!

Old 09-26-2005, 04:29 PM

I test drove the 05 MX5 and that was a dream. The short throw shifter and the turbo engine was pretty quick. Nothing like the old 1982 twin turbo i used to have , but still none-the-less very quick.

Old 09-26-2005, 06:30 PM

Thnx meggzi, based on what the gray dude tells, it sounds like it )
I've do posses some gearhead-expirience. Cus' this beetle of mine have had just about everything happening to it... engine-failure (meltdown due to too little oil, and it's aircooled) and all kinda small but yet important things like the steering, breaking and so forth... So my intention is to buff it up a bit - perhaps i'll get smarter as i learn more about it but thats the genral idear )

One thing tho... as I cheked the "model"-part of this forum I just see mx-3 and mx-6... is that due to the age of the mx-5 model or is there some other reason? I've managed to find a little, doing a search - however not that early posts i think... and i'm kinda looking for current mx5 owners I can drain for information )

/partyman