New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 03:06 AM
Default Hello!

Hello everyone. I'm E i guess what ya'll would like to know about me is what i drive and if i'm full of crap. Well i drive a 2006 RX8 that i got as a graduation gift. Yes my parents bought it for me. I however bought another rx8 last year that was a theft recovery vehicle. The vehicle was stolen from texas and wound up in alabama with the numbers scratched off no driveline to include no driveshaft, differential, axels, and even wheels. The only way they found out it was stolen was because the theif(s) left the license tag under the rear floor mats. I'm not putting a rotary back in it i'm working on swapping a chevrolet LS6 from a 02 z06. I'm having a good bit of difficulty doing the swap and thats why i'm here although i don't believe the swap has been done before to an RX8 i would like to be one of the first people to accomplish it. I have a serious love for mazdas. My older sister got me into them. She had an RX3, RX4, 88 RX7, 92 Miata, and now she owns a 3rd Gen RX7 bone stock, and a 2007 Miata. I don't make the money she does (store manager for walmart). She autocrosses on a regular basis. The rest of my family sticks to GM, Nissan, and Volkswagen only. I did have a camera with pictures of my babies but it went missing about 2 weeks ago after a party. so if ya'll really must see my non professional work i will gladly take your 13 dollars or a check to buy a disposable digital camera lol. I believe thats a good summary any questions? i'm looking forward to meeting some more mazda people... ALSO who's purple mazda is that at the top of the screen? That car is beautiful!

Last edited by Est1988; 02-21-2009 at 03:09 AM. Reason: American Honey and horrible spelling
Old 02-21-2009, 12:17 PM

LOLLLLL who will give me 13 dollars to buy a disposable camera... i like that. welcome to the forum man.. we got lots of good people with very good knowledge about rotary engines.. as for me im 19 and drive a mazda3.. and your a year older i assume. anyway welcome to the world. and good luck with the other rx-8, putting a z06 motor would be a challenge for sure

Old 02-21-2009, 12:19 PM

welcome. good to see some more rotary here.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:14 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes your right i am 20, 21 in june. I will eventually get pictures up as soon as possible. I'll either find my camera somewhere around the house or i'll just have to buy a new one. As far as the fitting of the ls6 motor goes it seems pretty straight-forward. shouldn't be too much harder than an ls1 into a S2000 (did that last year with a friend). As for right now i'm just building the engine up and i'm searching for a suitable transmission. Yesterday i ordered a set of 5.3l heads from TotalEngineAirflow. so in about 2 weeks i should have the engine completed and ready to go in so i've got to bust *** and get a transmission now