New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

First new Mazda since 1988

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2023, 03:15 PM
Default First new Mazda since 1988

I'm going to purchase a Mazda 3 in the next week or so. The last Mazda I had was a 1988 Mazda 323 GT. I like the car, but the dealers? Not so much. The dealerships are the primary reason I haven't been back for so long. I've reached out to three dealers to inquire about Out The Door pricing, but I'm not sure if they are going to pull any shenanigans when I arrive at the dealer.

I'm looking in the Philadelphia and Dover areas and have contacted MAPLE SHADE MAZDA - Maple Shade,NJ; NUCAR MAZDA - Newcastle, DE; and COOK MAZDA – Aberdeen, MD.

Can anyone help with their experince at these dealers? Are there any other dealers within 100 miles that are better than these three? I would really appreciate all your help!

Old 06-04-2023, 06:01 PM

I am just out of your range and have never bought from any of the dealers you list. I did look at Cook several times but never bought.

The first step is to do your homework. Find a good deal somewhere not too far from a dealer that posts their best price online or will open their pricing if you give them your email. Fitzmall or Heritage in MD has worked for me.

Get your financing from a local credit union before you go to the dealer. I have worked with a salesperson over the phone and e-mail to lock down a deal and walked in with a check from the bank.

I like to have the out the door price before I walk in the dealership.

Br ready to play the game but you make the rules. A lot of people say to bring someone with you. That works. I also have a person not there to blame. “My wife would never let me pay that much.” That worked great as well.

Know all the facts. Price, tax, value of trade, state and dealer fees, interest rate, number of payments, and payment amount. This way they can’t get you with extra payments or some other change without you knowing the impact.

I bought a Subaru BRZ last week. There are only a few in transit to dealers across the country and none on the lots anywhere. I paid 1,000 below sticker. I negotiated the price and convinced them to not put the extra stuff on at the port. When I went back to the finance guy, I said, I will be happy to take any extras he would like to give me as long as it is in the price we already agreed to. I listed the exact price several times it make it clear that it was the price we agreed to.

It was a quick conversation about the wonderful things they could sell me and he didn’t tell me a single extra price.

Good luck and have fun. If it isn’t fun and they are not playing fair, walk away and go to the next dealer on the list. You are the one with the money.

Old 06-05-2023, 10:36 PM

Thank you! I'm good to go with financing and discussing quotes over email. I've watched a lot of Kevin Hunter - The Homework Guy videos on YT. So far Cook has offered the lowest price.

Has anoyone else worked with the dealers near Dover or Philadelphia?