Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

where to start with problems.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 04:51 AM
Default RE: where to start with problems.....

Ross , man , that sucks .... if I remember correctly , you and Alyssa 's cars are AUTOMATICS , right ???

Ross , make sure that you DON'T mention ABOUT YOU USING HIGHER OCTANE . That could warrant them to pin the fault on you , depending on how nimcumpouk they are !

And as far as higher octane , I had heard that IT CAN damage certain internals of the engine its not made for , along with no benefits as sstlaure mentions . It won't give you more noticeable HP , but will give your engine more (yet) un-noticeable damage .

At this low mileage , everything is covered (except what is listed in the owners manual ) ..... also don't mention you revving it up to 5,000 rpm , for they will find a way to turn it against you (at least in their minds) . Put all the chances on your side , buddy . Hope the best for you !

Ron P.

Old 01-20-2006, 05:28 AM

I doubt that mentioning that you were going to higher octane fuels in order to alleviate the problem will cause any problem with any warranty claim nor should that cause any problems even if it were to be but you are right 6pack. Just switch back to the 87 octane if that makes the knock worse if for anything other then the problem would be more evident for them. Am not kidding about driving with a service manager or at least service writer. At least then the problem is documented and (make sure they put that on the repair order that the problem was duplicated and documented ) they will then be able to not go from there.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:38 PM

Well it turns out that I got my computer changed up a little bit to allow for smoother shifts. As for the fan, the entire fan blower will need to be replaced but the dealer did not have a spare one laying around so I will have to go back in for that later next week to get that slapped in. That wasn't a big issue.

The engine knocking was put as unexplainable, and when they took it out for a ride, they heard nothing, but I took the service manager out and he heard it barely. Is there anything they could even do for me with that problem? they just had no solutions to it.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:40 PM

Do other similarly equipped vehicles on their lot make the same noise?

Old 02-03-2006, 11:08 PM

for the engine knocking.... the manager said all of their vehicles on the lot do not make that noise.... but when the cars are purchased and brought in for repairs, they make the noise. I think its a little coverup. and they dont know how to fix the problem.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:52 AM

That is a pile of BS and you know it Ross. If that is so true then let them bring in a used vehicle and see if it will produce the same noise that you are having happen. I will not allow a member on this group to be taken for a problem that they cannot diagnose as "unexplainable". That kind of problem does not exist. I cannot believe that they woud even give you that kind of diagnosis!!!!!!!
Unexplainable is not ACCEPTABLE in my terminolgy.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:52 AM

"Unexplainable is not acceptable. I agree. As far as the jerking between first and second gear, does it only happen while your vehicles are cold, or even while they are in the normal operating temperature? Mine only does it while it is cold. I figured because the RPM's are higher. Should I even bother bringing it in for that? My rear window washer fluid pump is gone so I need to have them replace that, so if you guys think I should have them REDO my TCM then I will. But if it is fine when it is warm, do I even bother? Thanks everyone!

Old 02-14-2006, 01:31 PM

after I installed my injen CAI, the car shifting has really smoothed out very nicely. The added torque and horsepower makes the shifts very smooth. Even after the pcm was reset, it still had a little kick in between gears but nothing that was really noticeable unless you were waiting for it to happen. Now, that kick is 90% reduced if you ask me.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:52 PM

I've got an '03 6s with about 41.5K miles. It's got what I believe is an issue (the dealer disagrees) with the fan running at variable speeds after the car shuts off. Last time that happened, they replaced the fan control module (see my post title "Fan & Fan Control Module"), and the other issue (other than minor recalls) is I had to have the oil pan gasket replaced due to a leak. They had to work hard to find it - it was a minor leak - but they fixed it.

But other than that, I love my 6!

6Guy

Old 06-20-2006, 06:55 PM

Hi,
I got a used 05 mazda 6 as a birthday present recently and i have had it for about 3 weeks now but i have come accross a transmission problem. The car starts to rev itself when im at crusising speed like 40mph or higher. Has any1 else come accross this problem with their mazda 6's?

Quick Reply: where to start with problems.....