Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

What's my Mazda??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Default What's my Mazda??

okay, so I was reading some of the other threads, and I don't seem to find one about this, [BESIDES THE FIRST ONE]..

How can you tell what kind of mazda you have, [sport, i, s, speed, etc.]

I was thinking possibly sport, but I'm new on these, and a chick. =]

so my car has::

heated leather seats
17' wheels
Bose 7-speaker system with in-dash 6disc CD changer
4 cyl, I believe, with the VVT

idk what else specifically??

my registration, title, and some paper I got from the court house after I had taxed/licensed it, also says speed. But I was told that the speed6's didn't come out until 2006?? And my car is only a 2003.

If anybody could help that would be GREATLY appreciated. I would like to know what my car is. [sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 01-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Default RE: What's my Mazda??

It might be the sport, but it sounds like its an i...and definitely not the speed. I don't know how the 03's are, but I'm pretty sure you have an i grand touring with the bose and all that.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:35 PM

yeah, I never thought speed until I got all my papers in the mail, like title, and then when I got my registration, I was kinda like uhm????

okay, so what's i grand touring? haha, again, first mazda I've ever owned, I don't know much about them.
Someone around here that was looking at it before I bought it, says that it is deffinitally a sport, but then I got confused when my papers said 'speed'

Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 PM

well I was thinking it was a gt because of the bose and the 6cd changer...but if you dont have a sunroof than it might be a sport. but i'm not sure why your papers say speed, cause thats a whole 'nother level of the 6 haha.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:57 PM

haha, forgot that. I have a sunroof...
I refuse to buy a car that doesn't have one. =]
I think the people that work at the court house are retarted, i'm pretty positive it's not a speed, it's only a 4 cyl too.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:01 PM

Well, I did some research for you. It's definitely an "i" if you have the 4cyl engine. And judging from the fact that you have most of the "luxury" items (heated leather seats and the 6disc changer) I'm gonna say that you don't have the sport, because thats basically the base model. from what I just looked up and what you say your car has...I'm gonna go with the i grand touring.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:03 PM

so i GT? haha, sorry, total newb. where do i go to do some research for myself?

i'd like to know a little more of what my car is.. kinda bothers me not knowing...

Old 01-26-2009, 02:41 PM

if you go on Mazdausa.com you can "build" a 6, and granted the specs are a little different for the 09s, you can see the stuff that comes standard for each option.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:42 PM

alright. thanks!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 02:51 PM

your welcome.