Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Default Warranty

I read somewhere that adding a CAI is basically one of the only things you can do mod wise so you don't void your warranty. Well I havn't seen anything about springs and I can't remember the last place I saw the topic about it. So will having the deealer change my springs void my warranty?

Old 06-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Default RE: Warranty

I'd get some shop to change them and don't tell the dealership I think suspension voids warranty. The only non warranty voiders are a CAI and catback.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:46 AM

changing your springs will void your warrenty, and cat back will also void your warrenty, you can still have an exhaust but you have to leave the stock cat on...like me.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

changing your springs will void your warrenty, and cat back will also void your warrenty, you can still have an exhaust but you have to leave the stock cat on...like me.
do you even know what a catback is? it means you have the stock cat.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:53 AM

Clarificaiton needed on VOID MY WARRANTY. If you put a CAI on and the CEL lights up and is due to intake issue such as a intake thermosensor or MAF then dealer may not honor the warranty as you have made a modification to that area. If the CEL is related to EVAP leak then your CAI is fairly unrelated and will probably not effect anything. It will certainly not effect the suspension, exhaust, drivetrain, or anything else on the car. The only time you are going to cause a VOID or question on the warranty claim is if you have done a modification in that area that could be causing the problem that you are complaining about. You can drop your car to the pavement with suspension mods but if the CEl comes on then you are still covered with emissions warranty.
Just keep one thing in mind, if you make a modification to a part of the car, then that part may not be covered by warranty. The warranty is there to cover problems with manufacturing or design defects. Once you have modified that part of the car then of course Mazda will no longer cover that part of the car and that part of the car only. Just because you add a CAI does not mean your entire warranty is thrown out. The only time that happens is when a vehcile is considered totalled by insurance standards such as in a flood or in a major wreck where the car is junked and then restored back.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: 87 turbo II

ORIGINAL: Tracker

do you even know what a catback is? it means you have the stock cat.

this is a time to learn for all of us...

Old 06-12-2006, 01:03 PM

Well I want to put on these springs, but I am already having a problem with my current springs. So I am thinking when I get it serviced to ask them about the springs, and if nothing is wrong I can find someone local to put on my Tanabe's. I mean I doubt the dealer will check my springs unless something happens with the shock pads (if that is what is affilated with) or something I don't know what I just said.[&:]

Old 06-13-2006, 04:48 AM

i think the word you might be looking for is "associated" haha. and i don't think the dealer will check springs, although i could be wrong. they might notice your car being lower than what they normally see so that could set off a warranty problem. chances are they won't car unless a problem is associated with your newly acquired springs. in which-case you could revert back to your stock springs.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:45 AM

When I took my 3 to the dealer last time for service, the repair guy was actually quite sharp (dammit.)....Hey, those aren't stock springs, or suspensions links, or exhaust, or wheels, or tires...........

Old 06-13-2006, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

When I took my 3 to the dealer last time for service, the repair guy was actually quite sharp (dammit.)....Hey, those aren't stock springs, or suspensions links, or exhaust, or wheels, or tires...........
well if you see the same car 100s of times then one comes in that has just a hint of anyhting different it'll stickout to the guy who's seen it 100s of times.

Quick Reply: Warranty