Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Very weird headlight issue? - headlights not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 09:09 PM
Default Very weird headlight issue? - headlights not working

Hey guys, I have a 2006 Mazda 6S.

The left low beam was not working, I replaced the bulb and checked all the fuses and it still did not work.

i found that if I squeezed or messed with the headlight harness adapter I could get the headlight to flicker on. I wanted new headlights anyway so I decided to just buy a whole new set of headlight assemblies. I bought some aftermarket ones.

I connected them and same issue, except now sometimes the fogs and brights don’t work either unless I wiggle the adapter again. So now I’m thinking it’s a bad connection in the adapter on the car side and not headlight side.

so I went to LKQ and snipped off an adapter and spliced it to my wiring harness.

now the problem is even worst! It’s easier for me to get the headlight to stay on, but now sometimes when I turn my left turn signal on it instead flashes my day time running lights!! If I squeeze the adapter or fiddle with the wires I can get it to flash the correct blinker. How is that possible? None of the wires are touching or anything. How can it swap flashing the turn signal to instead my DRL lights??

if I move the wires or squeeze the adapter I can get them all to function correctly momentarily, but I can’t really get it to stay that way.

For what it’s worth, my right side headlight does this too, if I mess with the wire / adapter I can get them to mess up too, but they always function correct unless I’m intentionally moving the wires around.

is it possible I picked up ANOTHER junk adapter from the junk yard? I mean it couldn’t be anything else, right?