Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Troubleshooting P2187

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Default Troubleshooting P2187

hi i have an 03 mazda 6i. it has the check engine light on. it will begin to flutter/begin to stall at a stop sign or stop light (in drive, brake pressed). i took it to autozone. code p2187, fuel system too lean at idle right bank probable cause, large vacuum leak, fuel system malfunction, maf sensor faulty, ignition system malfunction. i can turn the car on and leave in park and can hear a sound (air?) from the engine with engine cover removed (it will flutter/begin to stall in park). sound is between the third and fourth black hump (left is first, right is fourth) i cant see a hose though. i have checked airbox, visible hose, plug, etc, any idea?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:10 PM

I have an 04 v6 it had a bad vacuum leak at the rear of the engine right next to the fire wall it was a large line half inch or so that came out of the throttle body a couple of inch's and went into a plastic elbow then another half inch line went down off that.the short one fell apart as i was taking it off.its cheap to replace and easy to do a foot is all that one takes.their is a small line next to the one i just mentioned that goes down to a y connector one side goes up next to the air filter box.the other one splits off and goes to a pressure valve.it has a small green and white inline valve next to the air filter box.all the line was brittle and trashed.hope this helps.