Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Trouble Starting Every So Often

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Default Trouble Starting Every So Often

I'm in the midwest and a couple times this winter the temperature changed overnight from 40 degrees to over 60. During this time (usually 2 days or so) I will have trouble starting the 2003 Mazda 6s I have. Strange thing is, I will have run it all day, starting it multiple times, each time fine, then for no apparent reason I will have to repeatedly turn it over and pump the gas before it will finally take hold and run. Once it's running it's fine. I took it to the dealership and they said there was nothing wrong with the car. They said that it might be the sudden change in temperature and the gas mixture is confusing the sensors. Has anyone ever heard of this, that during the season gas is mixed differently? Anyone have this problem?

Old 04-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Trouble Starting Every So Often

i would take it back to the dealership and insist that they find the issue and fix it...or next time it does it, call the dealership and tell them to come get it. if they give you a hard time about this, ask them for the regional office number for mazda. that will usually scare them into doing something.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:02 PM

YES THIS CAN OCCUR WITH DIFFRENT FUELS-"WINTER GAS"

BUT...HAVE THE DEALER CHECK FOR A PCM UPDATE FOR HARD START OR TEMP CONTROL

ALSO,IF THIS DOES OCCUR AGAIN ...CALL ROADSIDE ASST. AND HAVE THEM BRING IT TO THE DEALER...THEY CAN ONLY FIX A PROBLEM WHILE IT OCCURING.

Old 08-14-2005, 12:48 PM

I bet the dealer wants you to keep that problem occuring until your warrantee runs out. Then they will take advantage of you and make you pay full cost. Not saying that every dealership is like that, but if they want your money. They will try their best to get you to believe whatever they say is true.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:19 AM

Not all dealers want to take your money and run. I just managed to warranty an A/C compressor on a Tribute that was 40k out of warranty because she was a vey nice lady and she did not have any mileage records that would place here out of warranty. If the dealer you are working with is this bad then try another. Most times it is the management and not the tech that try to take you for a ride. If you are having an issue with the no start concern then leave it with them overnight. Have not seen a lot of concerns with the 6 with this problem but have seen this problem with the 3 which is a problem with the fuel pump holding pressure/volume. Perhaps you are having the same type of concern?

Old 08-25-2005, 05:51 PM

i had my battery on for about 20 seconds, then i tried to crank my car and it wouldn't start. i was scared, but then i turned everything off.... and she fired right up. cars are always a guessing game