Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Seat Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Default Seat Problems

I just bought a 2004 Mazda 6 Sport GT and I'm having serious problems with the seats. The seats are leather trimmed and heated. The problem is that heating elements are placed so close to the surface of the upholstery that they protrude out, creating very uncomfortable hard points which are are hitting pressure points in my thighs and legs, and are actually quite painful. In fact the hard points are so obvious you can actually see them if you know where to look - or alternatively by just running your hand over the seat surface. I have had several vehicles with heated leather seats and have never had any discomfort so I took the car into Mazda Service. When I showed it to the General Service Manager he immediately acknowledged there was a problem. Mazda tried to repair it by removing the upholstery and placing another piece of foam underneath the leather but they were unable to recess the heating elements since they are built into the main foam pad at the factory. Unfortunately this was a complete waste of time since the problem is still there, but now the seats are not what they used to be since the new foam was not extended fully underneath the length of the seat. In fact you can actually see a large lump that goes across the passenger seat where the new foam ends. I have spoken to several sales reps at different Mazda dealerships and looked at GT versions of both the sedan and sport models and the problem seems to be a factory design flaw. In any case I was just wondering if anybody has had a similar problem, and if so, how they resolved it.

Old 03-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Default RE: Seat Problems

YES I HAVE SEEN THIS THIS BEFORE BUT NOT ONE PERSON HAS COMPLAINED.

I WOULD RECOMMEND A FOAMED SEAT COVER OF SOME SORT-TAKE YOUR VEHICLE TO A VEHICLE TRIM SHOP AND ASK IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.THEN CALL YOUR DEALER AND THEN REPORT YOUR FINDINGS FROM THE TRIM SHOP.TELL THEM TO SUBLET YOUR VEHICLE TO THAT SHOP FOR REPAIR

Old 04-22-2005, 05:18 AM

Well i have had another problem with my seats. the right side padding seems to have worn out. has anyone else had this problem and if so did the dealer do anything about it? when i asked the dealer they told me that i have to wait for a rep from mazda to show up and look at it and that it could take a while for that to happen. does this sound normal?

Old 04-26-2005, 08:34 AM

I had the right side bolster on the drivers seat break or something, anyway, they replaced it for me with no hassle

Old 05-26-2005, 05:01 PM

so i first posted about the problem with my seat over a month ago. Well lets just say F Mazda because as of right now they refuse to fix the problem. If anyone has had the same problem with the seat padding, as the dealer said "shifting", please let me know what they did to get the problem fixed.

Thanx

Old 05-27-2005, 11:56 AM

did you try taking it to a different dealer?

Old 05-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Administrator

i woudl go to a different dealer, or make a call to a corporate office.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:18 PM

i have not tried another dealer yet. i have called headquarters and lets just say i would of had more luck asknig a complete stranger on a dark street corner to fix it for me. i was told that i a mazda rep would have to look at it and if he said no luck then i was out of luck. well guess what the guy said, thats right no luck. he never even looked at the car. so now i have to wait and see if he would be willing to look at the car the next time he is in town. not going to lie at this point i'm thinking about trading in the car. it doesn't seem like any one has ever heard of the phrase the customer is always right. right now i'm thinking about going with a scion XB only because i spent 25000 on this car and couldn't afford anything else. plus with a car as cheap as an XB i wouldn't expect for the dealer to give the time of day. those are my thoughts. i love the car but i'm just so angrey at the way that Mazda has treated me. i would have to give them two thumbs down.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:18 PM

Yeah i know about mazda6club and all that good stuff.

But for an update..
Suburban Mazda Dealership is a huge pain in the butt. They would not fix the problem and said that it was the Mazda rep who was to blame for this. Well i took some advise from you guys and whent over to Metro Mazda in Ferndale. On the spot they agreed to fiz the problem. Well i was unable to leave the car right there so i took my sister to pick up her car. Imagine this she is having Problems with Suburban Mazda in Troy. So my sister starts to complain since they didn't want to give her the refund they agreed to give her since she was not going to let them do the work. At this point a guy came in and agreed to give her the money and to fix my seat but only since i was going to get it done at Metro.

My conclusion is that Suburban is one of the worse ran group of dealerships in the world. I had problems with them when i owned my VW and once again with my Mazda. So i'm warning you all that if you can get car and you are thinking of buying from suburban that you should run away as fast as possible. they are very rude and they really don't know what they are talking about.

those are my two cents.

Old 06-13-2005, 02:31 PM

a lot of times it's the dealership (or dealership group) and not the auto company that causes all the problems