Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

seat belt

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Default seat belt

my wife and I have a 2006 mazda 6 the seat belt chime on this car is driving me crazy, if anyone knows how to disarm this id greatly apreciate it. thanxz in advance!

Old 04-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Default RE: seat belt

Wearing your seatbelt seems to work great.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:45 PM

I agree 100%. It is probably illegal to disarm the chime. jonahlee923, I don't understand why you want to bypass the most important safety feature of any car.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 AM

FYI....in a 10 mph impact your arms (if you're trying to use them to brace yourself against the steering wheel) would see the same kind of loading as if you had jumped off a 2 story bldg and landed on your hands.

I have yet to meet someone strong enough to be able to perform this feat without their face kissing the ground (or the dashboard.)

Old 04-18-2008, 08:42 AM

I hope it's not illegal to disarm the seatbelt chime. I just got a racing harness (removeable) to use for autocross, and it would really suck if i had to listen to that damn chime allthe way through the course and while sitting in line waiting to run. Though under normal circumsatnces i would agree whole heartedly with the rest of you, wearing your seatbelt should be required by law, and it is sheer stupidity to say that you don't need one. However if y'all know weather or not the dealer can turn the chime off or not I would greatly appreciate it.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 04-18-2008, 10:53 PM

Bearing in mind how our legal system works, a dealer won't takea chance to be sued. Another driver, other than the owner, injured by not wearing the seat belt, will sue the owner and dealer since there was no chime to remind him to put onthe belt.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:41 PM

i know people that have had their seatbelt alarm disabled at the dealership... they paid a decent chunk of money and had to sign a paper saying the dealership was not liable for any accidents as a result of this. so yes, it can be done... alot of dealerships still don't take the chance of doing this though.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:15 PM

I agree that the seatbelt should be worn ALWAYS but...on my 2007 6 it quits chiming after about a block or so...

Old 04-28-2008, 05:30 PM

It will cut on and off periodically. I discovered this while testing the new harness for comfort and to make sure there would be no shifting or slipping when it was in use (figured it would be better to figure that out now than next weekend while i'm racing in the national tour). I'm not sure about the distance/time between cycles, but the chime will cut off and on periodically.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 04-28-2008, 08:05 PM

I believe if you briefly buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt, the chime will not come back on.

Quick Reply: seat belt