Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Recommendations for Replacement Shift Knob

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Default Recommendations for Replacement Shift ****

Hello to all. New to the forum. Love my 2005 6s hatchback. One issue I'm having though is with the shift **** and I want to replace it if I can find something decent. Finding a replacement seems to be an issue for many 6 owners.

The chrome on the top of the OEM shift **** started chipping and was not comfortable. I did a temporary fix with some touch up paint, but it looks like crap. I wanted to buy an OEM replacement, but couldn't fine one anywhere (online, junkyards, etc). I finally called the dealership and they want.... wait for it..... $250 to send me one. No way I want to spend that much, although I don't want to cheap it either.

I was then going to buy the Momo two-toned upgrade shown here - Gearshift KnobSilver/Black GJ6A-V8-170-22 - which would have looked great with my black and gray interior, but apparently (although it is still advertised on several sites) Momo stopped making it.

I don't want anything metal as I live in Cleveland and the temperature extremes would cause it to get too hot/cold. So that knocked out all of those nice weighted TWM ***** I see recommended on many sites.

Does anyone have an OEM in good condition they would be willing to sell or perhaps the Momo upgrade in the link above? Either of those would be my preference.

Short of that, I am hesitantly considering these two ***** and wondered if anyone had any thoughts/reviews on them.

Razo RA96A GT - Amazon.com: Razo RA96A GT Advance Black Leather Short Shift **** - Pack of 1: Automotive

Sickspeed - NISSAN JUKE/PIXO/TIIDA/ALMERA/QASHQAI/X-TRAIL SHIFT **** GEAR SHIFTER SELECTOR | eBay

Razo seems to be the more reputable brand although I really wanted to find something that I didn't have to use adapters. Any other recommendations? The help would be greatly appreciated.