Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Power Windows roll down on their own

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Default Power Windows roll down on their own

Hi everyone,

New member here. I was hoping someone on here could help me with my dilemma on my 2009 Mazda 6 4 cylinder automatic/cvt.

Basically, I got this car a couple months ago. When I first got it I was having no power window issues at all. Now over the last few weeks I've been having issues with my front driver and passenger windows. Just about every single time I walk out of my car after having turned it off, I will close my driver door and then I will hear a "click" like the doors are being locked/unlocked and then a second later both my front windows will proceed to roll all the way down. This happens every single time I leave my car, right after closing my driver side door. It is not due to the fobber, as far as I can tell. I have tested whether this happens if I take the battery out of the fobber and it still does happen. I have replaced the battery in the fobber as well with a brand new one. I am aware of the fobber's feature that automatically rolls your windows down, however I believe removing the battery from it and the problem still occurs takes the fobber out of the possible issues. Also I don't have any spare fobbers/keys at all and the physical key that I do have doesn't even work for the car (for unknown reasons). Not sure if this matters, but the red key light on the dash is always on when I'm driving the car.

What I have done so far:
I went into the fuse box under the hood and pulled the passenger window fuse out and put it back in immediately after and this fixed the problem for about a day or two. Now the issue is back. I haven't tried to pull the driver window fuse out because this fuse is a decent amount larger and you can't easily pull it out with the tool provided in the fuse box. One thing to note, the larger driver side window fuse has its top missing. This fuse is larger than the other fuses, it is a square shape and is missing the plastic top. Not sure if the missing top effects the performance of the power windows as a whole or not.

I believe this is an issue with the motors inside the windows, but I still think its odd that both of the windows unroll exactly at the same time and not just one of them. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance!