Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Potential Mazda 6 buyer (UK) advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 04:37 AM
Question Potential Mazda 6 buyer (UK) advice

I come here as a previous Honda devotee, but long story short my current 2018 Civic's 'overly cheap plastic' interior and all sorts of unresolvable rattles and creaks in the cabin have made me move my preferences.

I really like the look and potential of the Mazda 6. The interior looks minimal and luxurious. It has lots of 'tech' which I value highly too, most importantly Apple CarPlay. One thing my Honda has, which I think is great is a 'Brake Hold' feature, so when you stop, it applies the brake for you, and releases when you accelerate again. Does the current/new Mazda 6 have this?

Also how 'pokey' are the 2.0 Petrol engines? I have a 1.5 with turbo, and obviously it has excellent acceleration. As the Mazda doesn't have a turbo (as far as I know) what's it like moving off?

I would be buying an Auto, and would consider the 2.4 engine if the 2.0 isn't as pokey as what I have now. I do plan to test drive, but just at the initial thinking stage of my next car.

Another thing I value is value service plans. I notice Mazda do this, but you have to 'apply' for a quotation. Does anyone know if they do a 3-5 year service plan, and at what approximate cost?

Final thing, extended warranty - again Mazda list this, but you are asked to get a quotation according to the level of cover you get. Is this just an insurance policy, or a true extension of the manufacturers warranty? Any ideas on cost for extending the initial 3 year warranty to 5?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Old 06-27-2020, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Blooart
I come here as a previous Honda devotee, but long story short my current 2018 Civic's 'overly cheap plastic' interior and all sorts of unresolvable rattles and creaks in the cabin have made me move my preferences.

I really like the look and potential of the Mazda 6. The interior looks minimal and luxurious. It has lots of 'tech' which I value highly too, most importantly Apple CarPlay. One thing my Honda has, which I think is great is a 'Brake Hold' feature, so when you stop, it applies the brake for you, and releases when you accelerate again. Does the current/new Mazda 6 have this?

Also how 'pokey' are the 2.0 Petrol engines? I have a 1.5 with turbo, and obviously it has excellent acceleration. As the Mazda doesn't have a turbo (as far as I know) what's it like moving off?

I would be buying an Auto, and would consider the 2.4 engine if the 2.0 isn't as pokey as what I have now. I do plan to test drive, but just at the initial thinking stage of my next car.

Another thing I value is value service plans. I notice Mazda do this, but you have to 'apply' for a quotation. Does anyone know if they do a 3-5 year service plan, and at what approximate cost?

Final thing, extended warranty - again Mazda list this, but you are asked to get a quotation according to the level of cover you get. Is this just an insurance policy, or a true extension of the manufacturers warranty? Any ideas on cost for extending the initial 3 year warranty to 5?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Have had my 6 only for 4mos but I preferred it over compact sedans as the design looks really elegant and mature despite 6yr old design and it’s not very common on the roads. Soaks you’re bumps well and comfortable but still sporty enough to toss around corners.

Here in NA it only comes with either the 2.5L NA or turbo version. Based from my experience owning a CX3 in the past with the 2.0L engine, the 2.5L NA is actually better - more quiet, more powerful and the vehicle itself feels more solidly built and quiet cabin. Are you getting brand new or used?

I’ve had 3 Mazda’s already and all have been reliable so never really bothered getting the extended warranty...