Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Our Rides' Photo Album

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 03:57 AM
Default RE: Our Rides' Photo Album

why does the top car have white rims and then the bottom car has black rims? Are they the same car? How much did all that cost you?

Old 02-24-2006, 05:43 AM

i have white rims and decals on the driver side and black rims and no decals on the passenger side. testing out a couple different looks, then realized i really didn't care what it looked like (i've painted a lot with flat black Krylon...both bumpers, stock trunk, cf hood) and just left it that way. focus on performance mostly, and it's easier to cover a scratch from the track with a bit of krylon that going to a body shop.

as far as cost, i think my garage on Mazda6Club has me around 15k or so, with another i'd guess 6k this year planned? i get a lot stuff for free or close, so that's helped. i think the car is paid off next year sometime...don't see it being street driven by that time though?

Old 02-24-2006, 06:40 AM

MrTea, your car is amazing! I love it! Stick with the black wheels. Did you smoke out your headlights or is it just glare and camera angle?

P.S. Steer clear of the graphics as well! Word around the Import Scene is decals aren't going to be a big thing this year...it's all about smooth, clean edges.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:23 AM

i painted the inside of the headlights black, really like how it turned out.

as far as the wheels go, i was going to keep the white ones for show and the black for daily driving, but got too lazy to have the tires put back on the black rims. my race wheels are black also, so i was looking for something a bit different. and as far as logo's, when you get stuff for free (or deep discounts) you want to let people know what you have to keep people happy. so the people that saved me the most $$ i tend to have on the car...the only people i paid that are on the car are Racing Beat (cause the sways kicked so much *** on the track) and huge discount from Rotora (under 1/2 at least)...and given that none of these companies are "sponsors" i like to help out where i can. I'm not too worried about the "import scene" though i laugh everytime i see a flat black car cause when i did it my girlfriend thought i was stupid and we always see cars that are flat black now.

here's another pic of the side of the car that i really liked with the white wheels.

and thanks for the kind words as well, and if anyone has any questions on the 6, between my roomate and I we have done pretty about 98% of the mods available for the car (both 4banger and V6) MrTea@socal.rr.com

Old 02-24-2006, 11:05 PM

Well, it's definitely your vehicle, so you should have it how you like it! With my personal choice, I would keep the black wheels, and decal free.

For my 6, I want to get black wheels with a machined lip. I think it will look nice when I can eventually afford to do it!