Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

New Mazda 6 Vibration Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Default New Mazda 6 Vibration Rattle

I know i posted before but i dont think that i had described the problem properly. Anyway i have a new 6 and when the car is cold i hear a vibration rattlle that goes from low to load somewhere in the front. It is only when the car in drive and the car is stopped at a light. If i place the car in neutral it stops. Then after a while when the car gets hot it stops. I love he car and enjoy how quiet the car is but the rattle is annoying. The dealer says to bring it in but my dealer is like 10 miles from my home so by the time i drive there the rattle stops.Is this common on the 6s? I mean the car is super quiet and the rattle is load enough to hear over the radio.........Has anyone else had this rattle problem?.................On a sad note ..After 2 weeks ownership of this fine car i was taking my son to school and my son decided to open the rear door on a busy street. Now my Redfire metallic rear door looks like a open tuna can top...Ever see a grown man cry!!!!!!!!!!! lol. Anyway bodyshop says i will have it back good as new soon..Thanks for any responses

Old 11-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Default RE: New Mazda 6 Vibration Rattle

I've never had that problem with my 6. Most i ever had was engine knocking which is due to the fire rate of the engine that creates a knocking sound. If I were you, i would definitely have that puppy looked at, not all cars are perfect. I'm sure it is something simple that just needs tightened up like a heat shield. Also, I am sorry to hear about your car door. As long as the both of you are fine, lets just say it was a fairly good day! Let me know if you take your car to the dealer. One option is to leave your vehicle sit out for the day at the dealership and then have them turn it on when everything is cool again.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:35 PM

OUCH, sorry to hear about the rear door. Hope your son is ok as well. I'm sure it probably scared the hell out of him.
When the rattle is occuring try popping the hood release. Have had a few loose hood latches that would sound like what you are describing.

Old 11-19-2005, 08:47 PM

Yeah my son is fine . He never actually got out of the car . He just opened the door. Thank you so much for asking though.

Old 11-20-2005, 02:38 AM

Ya I answered for a heat shield in the past , if it was you ; have you checked it out ?

One thing I know for sure is that your son will have learned a lesson ! I have dreaded the same happening with my son in the back and have warned him enough now that he waits (without trying to open it anymore) ; he has no choice 'cause I put on the safety lock switch (on rear door beam) that stops inside rear passengers from being able to open the door from inside

Old 11-20-2005, 11:30 AM

ah, that is a very good idea in which i may have to enforce!