Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

NEW Injen Cold Air Intake for 2014 Mazda 6

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Default NEW Injen Cold Air Intake for 2014 Mazda 6

I purchased Injen's CAI for my 2014 Mazda 6. CEL kept coming on and I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Injen said that a few have had this problem. I gave them my 6 for R&D to remedy this problem and I was just called up by Injen that testing is now done. I have the NEW prototype and with a repositioned sensor it now has gains of 16 HP and 16 in torque. The current model was putting out 6 HP and 6 pounds if torque. (Don't quote me on the numbers...I was talking to the tech while at work)

I'll be taking my 6 on a road trip for testing and report back to Injen on Monday. They are confident that "this is it." If the demand for the intake is good, an exhaust system is to follow.

I'll keep you all posted and I'll get all stats from Injen and post pics.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Banned

That's frickin' awesome, lucky you!
Cel usually comes on because tube is too big or sensor not located in a straight part of the pipe.
This is also a fix: Air Straightener!

Old 06-21-2013, 06:08 PM

^
I can fix it with a cup holder, lol.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:57 AM

Drove home from Injen tonight and YES, you can feel the power. 0-60 came quick with great pick up and 60-80 was even faster. After the drive, I popped the hood and the tube felt super cool. The sensor placement has changed, the bends are different, vacuum hose bung seems larger, and filter seems larger. Here are some pics.

Name:  image-67.jpg
Views: 2201
Size:  98.1 KB
Name:  image-68.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  92.1 KB
Name:  image-69.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  119.7 KB

PM me if you are interested in a K&N drop in filter...I'm selling mine cheap.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:39 AM
Banned

There are pros and cons to everything. You know the pros are the power from getting at that colder denser air.
I see they narrowed it and straightened the area by MAF sensor!

Here are the cons.
You can't go thru an automated car wash as the filter will saturate with water.
You can't drive thru puddles as it will splash off the front of your tire and saturate your filter especially if you have slot openings in front of your tire in the wheel well.
You can't drive it in the winter if you have lots of snow.

The last one is why you need to input your country and state. Please read and do: https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/new...-avatar-30905/

Possible damage due to above: soaking the MAF sensor as well as filter. Going thru deep puddles (you know those idiots going through a flooded street) could result in sucking in mass amounts of water destroying your engine.

You can install a deflector shield. For what i'm talking about watch this video:

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 06-22-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
Here are the cons.
You can't go thru an automated car wash as the filter will saturate with water.
You can't drive thru puddles as it will splash off the front of your tire and saturate your filter especially if you have slot openings in front of your tire in the wheel well.
You can't drive it in the winter if you have lots of snow.
"This ain't my first rodeo." All factors have been weighed out...more power adds some limitations.
Rain-I'm in Los Angeles and it rains very little here. If it gets bad, I'll drive my Silverado.

Automated car wash-I'm so OCD that I hand was my own car every weekend. The engine bay gets a cleaning every other wash, plus my wheels can't go though the wheel guide at carwashes...it has to be hand washed.

Puddles-I'm not the idiot who goes over deep puddles and wonders why my car stalled in 4 feet of water. Or the guy that can't resist driving through a puddle (except to splash old ladies and school children).

Snow-I've already accepted the fact that cables or chains will never touch this car, so it will never see snow in her life. Winters here are in the 70's and we wear scarves(just so it fools people in pictures, like it's freezing).

Tires soaking filter-I'm sure water will get in the filter area and even with the Injen hydro sheild, it will get wet. The under sheild and the fender well cover seems to not have any slots for air. Air comes from the front grills and from the bottom. It's like Betty White...the filter is in a dry, airtight area that doesn't get wet too often.

POWER! POWER! POWER! Much more important than driving through puddles!

Last edited by Monkee; 06-22-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:39 AM

For those who have purchased the original Injen intake with the sensor on top of the tube, please contact Injen and they will replace your tube with the new one. If you have any questions please PM me or contact Injen directly.