New 6 owner - used car and issues - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:37 AM

Default New 6 owner - used car and issues

Hi all new owner of a 2009 6 Estate SL diesel here.

Picked up the car yesterday and have noticed some issues already:

First - none of the seat belts for the 3 rear seats go into automatic locking mode when I pull the full length of the seat belt out. It allegedly passed an MOT last week with no advisories so I would have thought this would be picked up by that. Any secret to getting these into automatic locking mode so I can fit a child car seat? Or are they just broken? They will emergency lock and then release when pulled sharply, they just won't go into the mode where the belt clicks as it retracts and won't allow it to be lengthened only retracted. Handbook says it should have this mode, but I've tried all three belts and no luck.

Second - no heat from the heater no matter what settings we use - cold air blows just fine but it never heats up, aircon will cool the air down though. Any pointers? Anyone had something similar?

Third - I noticed condensation on the inside of the rear lights, but having seen another 6 estate today it looks like this is a common issue, any way to resolve this?

Last thing - had a look under the bonnet and got a strong putty smell when I lifted it and there looked like a white residue from something sprayed over the front of the engine cover, coolant reservoir and some of the pipes there. I read somewhere it might be antifreeze leaking from a water pipe but didn't see any leaks when using the windscreen spray. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Last edited by JimmyBlue76; 02-11-2018 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Spelling