Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Default NEED HELP ASAP!!!

Yo guys,

I have a system in my 6, nothing major but enough to give it some good bass. I've been havin issues with the lights dimming especially when going fast which to those of you who know doesn't make any sense because they should be dimming more when I'm going slow. I got my electrical system checked out and everything is fine so now I have the option of getting a second battery which would be a pain in the *** to rewire.

PLEASE GIVE ADVICE. I'M TIRED OF THE B.S. DIMMING WHEN BASS IS BARELY GOING.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Default RE: NEED HELP ASAP!!!

a few different options... you can get a custom alternator to help power that system. You can also buy a few farad capacitors as well. Surely, you can additionally add a second battery but make sure you use at least one 250amp fuse to connect it so you don't kill anything.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:37 AM

Add one farad capacitor and make sure that you do your homework. If you add a second battery then you will need to upgrade your alternator so the capacitor is the way to go. Your alternator produces it's best amperage at about 2k to 3k rpms and at higher speeds is produces less. Your alternator is not like the like generator on your bicycle, the faster you go the brighter it is. In fact, the faster you go the harder your fuel pump works, the harder your injectors work. A capacitor provides the gap in coverage when there is a dip in voltage, such as when your bass hit, and will keep the voltage coverage uniform. If it is your entire system put the capacitor after the battery not after the amps. OFF THE BATTERY NOT OFF THE AMPS; it works better for your whole system. It is not necessary to precharge a capacitor unless you want to loose your hand. If a capacitor explodes it is like a stick of dynamite and will blow off your arms.(an electronic engineer told me about the capacitor exploding problem and you don't have to precharge your radio before turning it on and there are many capacitors in it.)

Old 01-09-2009, 02:41 AM

Or.....Get HID's and your dimming problem simply disappears!