Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

My new 6

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Default My new 6

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and just saying hello.

I just pick up my 6 on monday and thought that I would show her off.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/r.../mazdasuby.jpg

Its the 2004 6s 5 speed. Leather and bose system.

I have a queston about the sunroof. There is no button to open the sunroof but if you look at it from the inside there are all the parts to make the sunroof move... just no way to do it.
I have to assume that its an after market sunroof and doesn't move but im just curious.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Default RE: My new 6

Good morning & welcome. I have an '05 6S with the appearance package. From the pic that you took, to the best that I can see, you have a stock sunroof. Did you look at the front interior dome light assembly? The 2 switches for the sunroof (open/close & tilt) should be in the center. Let us know if they are there. Thanks.

Sheldon.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:25 PM

No there is nothing there but the front interior light switch. I misplaced my digital camera otherwise I would have a picture. I'm not really upset about it, but its been bugging me since I picked it up.

EDIT: I found my camera and was able to take some better shots:

http://s471.photobucket.com/albums/r...nfantry/Mazda/

Old 09-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Nice, and I love the fact that it's probably one of the few V6 5-sps out there.
I also wanted a moon/sunroof, but alas.....
It looks to me like the switch assem should be in front of the interior light and is missing.
And may I suggest...? Lose the side molding. They look so much better w/o it and it really isn't much good at protecting anything anyway. On a warm day, or w/a hair dryer, heat it up and just peel it off. You may have to get it started w/some fishing line or dental floss. Make sure you have some adhesive remover for any residue... goo gone, WD-40, etc... and be sure to wash and wax at least that part of the car afterward.
You won't be sorry, Man. I guarantee....

Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 PM

Thanks Virgin, I will deffinetly look into pulling the side molding off; Iv seen the 6 without the molding and its hot.

I had to search for about 4 months after deciding on the 6 to find this one. I wanted the leather, the 6cyl and the 5 speed. I went up to the closest mazda dealer to me and sat and talked with the guy and he said finding exactley what I want would be a hard sell. But after all the waiting I found my baby . And I have to say im nothing but impressed with it. This is the first mazda Iv owned and its lived up to all the hype. The car I had before this was an '01 Sunfire so this is a huge upgrade. And it will give that Subaru Legacy GT in the pic a run for its money :P.