Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazda 6 2.3 A/T acceleration issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Default Mazda 6 2.3 A/T acceleration issue

Hi all,

I hope someone could help me with this issue.....

Last week, my wife's 2007 Mazda 6 with 2.3 and 5 speed A/T started acting...

It was perfectly OK the week before, and now it does the following:

when accelerating, no matter cold or warm, the engine RPM does not increase gradually anymore. it sort of feels like if I was playing with the accelerator pedal (pressing/depressing) with a frequency of about twice a second. It happens on all gears and all speed but mostly 2-3K RPM.

I have removed the fuel pump and cleaned the filter. checked fuel pressure (pretty normal ~ 60 PSI and no leaks), replaced MAF sensor....
The issue is still there.
No Trouble codes displayed.
When in neutral, the engine feels OK, it would rev normally. the transmission shifts OK and no mechanical noise or anything.

If I ran the car slowly (barely touching the accelerator pedal, it seems as if everything is perfectly OK. but as soon as I try opening the throttle bit more, it starts "shaking".

brought it to a local garage for a scan. they did not give me any proof but told me that I need to replace the Transmission module as they have noticed some disconnects from the main computer to the transmission computer. I think they are full of crap though...

Had anyone experienced a similar issue?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanx!

Old 04-20-2011, 03:36 PM

Well, they might be right. There was a TCM update for the 6 a while back. Make sure your TCM has that update.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by mazda guy
Well, they might be right. There was a TCM update for the 6 a while back. Make sure your TCM has that update.
Thank you mazda guy. I will check with the dealership next week. I am just wondering how come it just started misbehaving so suddenly...
Will keep you posted.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Hey,

I have been having the same symptoms with my 2006 Mazda 6, 2.3L.
Feels like bogs/hesitates when I want to step down on the gas pedal a little more than usual. i have a 5 sp manual. The other day I wanted to pass a car, dropped down in 3rd...ouch embarassing! This is just intermitent and it all depends on how I press on the pedal.

I have been driving around with the TCS off. Feels like it is running much better! Not sure if it is just in my head but, try it out let me know if you see a difference.

If you did go to the dealer and had your issue resolved, please let us know what it was! Thanks!

Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 PM

Always check the accordion air inlet tube, especially if you have a rough idle when up to temp. The things are very prone to cracking.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Exclamation Mazda 6 - Acceleration Issue

Hi,

The same issue just began for me yesterday - seems to happen mostly in the higher gears - 4th and 5th. Based on all the forums it would appear to be the MAF but I was wondering if anyone was able to resolve this yet?

I'm driving an 06' 3.0L V6 and it is weird that it just all of a sudden happens - no lights or indicators have even gone off in the car. Any feedback would be appreciated.

-Ali

Old 08-22-2011, 11:44 AM

I am having the same issue. I was able to find a number of forums and most point to a wiring issue on the MAF.
Toronto Mazda 6 • View topic - M&D executive auto....Excellent alternative to

Old 09-05-2011, 06:47 PM

So I got back from the dealer. They found nothing!
They claim that with no 'check engine' light, they can't find the issue. The manager took it for a ride and he agrees that there is some hesitation. Still no solution. I wish the tech would dig deeper into solving this instead of expecting a check engine code to solve the problem for them. This is frustrating.

Should I roll the dice, change the MAF sensor and hope the problem gets resolved?

Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Default issue resolved

guys,

Took the car to the dealer about two month ago... 50$ later they told me I have to replace the Oxygen/Fuel mixture sensor. surely it was 250$ plus 200$ to replace.

got one from Amazon for about 150$ i think. it took me about 20 minutes to replace it and the issue is completely gone... sold the car immediately after that.
The weird thing is that no trouble codes were shown and the car was driving like crap.

just be careful when searching for the part number. Amazon has wrong info. I went to Denso site and double checked the part number. it ended up being the following one (with two connectors)
Denso 234-5011 Oxygen Sensor (Air and Fuel Ratio Sensor)

good luck all!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Default Taking it in today

I am taking mine in today to see what it is- MAF or oxygen sensor. I just want it taken care of since the acceleration is pathetic right now.

59 burst did you get yours resolved?

-Ali

Quick Reply: Mazda 6 2.3 A/T acceleration issue