Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

key fob not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Banned
Default key fob not working

I have replaced the battery in my Mazda key fob, but still no response on ingnition, door locks etc... the red light on the fob flashes, but nothing will operate... do I have to reprogram?

Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 PM

It does sound like it just needs to be re-paired to the car, there might/should be the instructions in your owners manual on how to do that.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by MazdaTirol
It does sound like it just needs to be re-paired to the car, there might/should be the instructions in your owners manual on how to do that.
This. The fob will have to be reprogrammed.

"Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the driver’s door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the driver’s door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) twice. Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks."

Old 09-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Banned
Talking

Originally Posted by Mazmart Trini

Step 2: Lock and unlock the driver’s door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the driver’s door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) twice. Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks."
EXCELLENT! I have copied and pasted this in to a word document in my Mazda Section for future use!.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Banned

Thank you for you help, and i found a tool Link removed by MazdaForum staff does it can help me?

Last edited by MazdaTirol; 10-08-2012 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Removed Questionable Link
Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 AM

I removed the link you posted for the safety of your members, it was directing members to a Chinese website we had already deemed unsafe.

Did you try the suggestion that Mazmart Trini offered?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MazdaTirol
I removed the link you posted for the safety of your members, it was directing members to a Chinese website we had already deemed unsafe.

Did you try the suggestion that Mazmart Trini offered?
oh i am sorry, yes i have try , but it didn't work

Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 AM

Have you tried to "reset" the car itself by unhooking the battery? Also are you trying to use the fob in an area of high electro-magnetic interference (high voltage power lines e.t.c.) since that can severely reduce the range if not keep the car from receiving signals all together.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Banned

yes it work i have solve it with your help! thank you very much

Old 01-01-2015, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mazmart Trini

I tried this as my key won't work either but the doors will not lock or unlock manually while the door is open

Quick Reply: key fob not working