Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Intake Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Default Intake Question

Hey everybody, I'm looking to put an intake on my 2007 6i and I know this is a common topic but am having a hard time making my decision. I'm leaning towards the Fujika F5 because I don't want to fork out the cash for the CP-E since I won't be needing anything that extreme and from what I've read, it makes the biggest difference on the 6s and not enough on the 6i. I was also debating on getting the MazdaSpeed intake since it's made for the car and won't throw the CEL but from what I've read, this intake doesn't offer the performace that the F5 does and not only that, is the same or extremely similar to the AEM intake which can be generally found for much cheaper. Does anybody have any insight or recommendations? We don't get a ton of rain where I live and I liked the F5 because I can change it from a CAI to a SRI in the winter to avoid any potential problems in the event of deeper snow. Please let me know your thoughts and/or experiences. Thanks!

Old 06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Intake Question

I decided to go w/the MS/AEM for my 3 because after much research Ireached the conclusion that it was thebest choice for the street. Better low-mid range power than the F5.The F5 is designed more for high speed power. More hi-end HP, but less low-end driveability.

Also, the MS can be had from various sites (protégé garage for example) that offer it much cheaper than your local dealer would. Mine was the same cost, $250 for either MS>AEM.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!

Old 06-04-2008, 12:38 PM

AEM makes the MS intakes. You would be better off buying an AEM intake.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:17 PM

I actually ordered the AEM intake today so I'll be getting that soon hopefully. Thanks!

Old 06-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

Good deal, JK!!
Don't forget to let us see some pics of it when you get her installed.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:06 PM

So I put the intake on and all is well however I have one question for anybody that has seen this. The AEM instructions state to disconnect the vacuum line from the intake manifold and then using the supplied cap, cover the nipple coming off of the manifold. The cap they provide did not come close to covering the nipple so I hooked the vacuum line back up, is this going to cause a problem? The car is running great and I can't understand why I would want to unhook a vacuum line from my car, it doesn't make sense. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Are you sure you've got the line they are talking about? Could it be the breather hose from the valve cover instead?
Or, contact AEM and ask. Mine (for my 3HB) came w/no such instruction.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:18 PM

The instructions said intake manifold and showed a picture of the front of the motor with the vacuum line going in and then the line coming off of the front of the motor and going into a whitish harness that held three cables total, all of similar size which is the same that i'm seeing. I'm going to call AEM tomorrow when i'm back in town so i'm not f'ing anything up by not capping that manifold correctly. Thanks for your replies!