Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Infotainment not syncing contacts

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 02:19 PM
Default Infotainment not syncing contacts

I have a 2017 Mazda6 and an iPhone Xs with the latest update. The other day I brought my car into a Mazda dealership for an oil change and 25k mile service. Everything on my infotainment system was working perfectly. As soon as I drove off the lot, I noticed that my contacts were no longer syncing via bluetooth. Oddly, my call history would show the contact names, but if those same people called me while I was in my car, only their number would appear on screen, not their name. Further, every time I turn the car on, it appears to load my contacts and then displays a message that says, "Unable to load contacts".

I've unpaired and repaired my phone 3 times. I've done a hard reset on the Infotainment system twice. And I took my car back to the dealership where they updated it to the latest version. Still not working. Everything else on the infotainment system works fine. I'm having such a hard time figuring out why my contacts won't sync all of a sudden! And it seems like an odd coincidence that it all started happening immediately after my oil change.

Any troubleshooting tips or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank you!