Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

how to disable seat belt chime?

Old 06-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Default how to disable seat belt chime?

I always wear my seatbelt, if I'm moving my car around the parking lot or something its just annoying. I disabled it in my last car. A forum like this one has directions that involved a series or cycling the key and buckling and unbuckling the seat belt. does anyone know the sequence for the 6?

Old 06-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Default RE: how to disable seat belt chime?

oh come on. If you're just moving the car around a little bit then it should'nt be a major issue for you. If it really IS that annoynig then just wear the seatbelt when you move the car.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:58 PM

why make that post. its a simple question. either you know the answer or you don't. I don't need to be preached to. this is just like the heated seat question I posted. I don't want advice weather I should do it or not (though your opinions are more than welcomed) i just want to know if it is possible and if so how.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:00 PM

oh come on. If you're just moving the car around a little bit then it should'nt be a major issue for you

is debadging the car a major issue. Is the kind of grill you have a major issue, the color of the interior lighting. None of these things are MAJOR issues. This site is for people who love their cars and want them to be just the way they like them. I don't see why I'm getting this kind of response to simple questions

Old 06-15-2006, 08:33 PM

my mazda6 since doesnt have a seatbelt chime. I didnt really notice it until a few months after i bought it used. I never wear my seatbelt and then it kind of occured to me that my seatbelt light was on but no annoying chime, thank god. I will make it apoint to look at my car and find out what someone did to make the noise go away.

DD

Old 06-15-2006, 09:14 PM

scooby i got this from someone else's post on this site. "... connect the belt within 20 seconds of starting the car and unbuckle within 20 seconds... temp. shut it off until you shut off your car..."
although not exactly what your looking for, give it a try. and then let me kow if it works.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:36 PM

Just to elaborate on post by yeahthatsme. To temporarily deactivate the seat belt reminder, turn the ignition switch to the ON position, fasten the driver's seat belt for 2 seconds or longer, and then unfasten it within 20 seconds. Belt minder will be deactivated until the ignition switch is turned off and then back to ON.
Long term or permanent deactivation can only be performed with the dealer diagnostic IDS computer. Is a very simple procedure taking about 3 minutes but they will probably want to charge an hour or at least that seems to be the going rate. Check out this earlier thread covering the same topic scooby420 for even more information about this.

https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_7124/tm.htm

Old 06-15-2006, 09:45 PM

thanks guys that is exactly what I was looking for. I work at a dealership so I can get this done no problem. I was in the back looking through the shop manual for a simpler answer..but there is none. Hook it up to the computer and let fly

again thanks guys