Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Helppppppppppppppp Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Default Helppppppppppppppp Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

[&o]
I have a 2004 Mazda 6 and first of all its on its 3rd transmission does mazda have a problem with the automatics in the 4cyl? SecondThe battery ran down and I jumped it with a power pack after that the headlights went out then it was parked over night and what I thought was a dead battery again and I jumped it again when I did the windows started rolling down the radio started going through stations and the wipers went crazy and now it will not start, but all the dash lights come on windows will not roll back up etc... Please help pior to the battery running down the battery light on the dash would come on, but not stay on and then it would come on and off sometimes, could the alternator cause all of this I know the fuse is blown on the power windows, but it keeps blowing I put a meter on the plug area where the fuse blows and its reading 12v would the voltage regulator mess up and cause a surge??

Optional Information:
2004 6I hatchback 4cyl

Old 09-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Default RE: Helppppppppppppppp Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Dude; your car is possesed by deamons. Was it the factory battery that ran down? It seems that quite a few people (myself included) have had issues with it running down after a relatively short amount of time. But the transmission thing is a biggie. How many miles do you have on the car? I think that there is a TSB for the 6-speed auto (V-6) regarding slippage beteen 4th and 5th from model year '05 - 07' I believe but I am not immediately aware of anything for the 4-cyl. models. But three trannies? Wow!

Old 09-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Default RE: Helppppppppppppppp Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Tranny is pretty much under control, the battery is only a couple of months old the car has 83K on it I am just at a loss about the electical thing

Old 10-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Hello, on my 04 6 after similar problems I replaced my alternator & my battery just to be safe but the wiring harness on the came apart (the wires that actually go into the plug the goes into the alternator) going to the alternator. The colors of said cables are 1- solid green & 2- brownish with a red line. Do not just want to guess. Can any one help please