Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

HELP!!! Rotors on '06

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Angry HELP!!! Rotors on '06

My rotors on My 06 Mazda6 sptwgn warp every year approx every 12-15000km. Anyone experienced this problem and what can I do to resolve this?? Mazda is not accepting ownership of this problem. I was told the it is the size of rotors they used that leads to overheating. Is ceramic rotors the way to go? Slotted? Brand?

Old 01-23-2010, 05:20 AM

Try the slotted rotors. Ceramic rotors are VERY EXPENSIVE. Good luck with what you choose

Old 01-24-2010, 06:34 PM

What the heck are you ding to warp your rotors that often!?! I autox mine on a regular basis and still have never had any problems with warping. Ceramics will not solve this for you (well, they might, but they are the most expensive solution possible, short of a ceramic BBK). Try rolling forward a little bit after stopping to allow your pads and rotors to cool more evenly, also maybe brake earlier and lighter so that you are not generating quite so much heat so quickly. Only other practical solution I can think of for you is possibly some ducting routed from the front bumper to the inside of the brakes to more or less blow air through them to aid in cooling as warping is caused by excess heating and uneven cooling of the rotors.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Default Easy on the brakes

I dont brake hard at stops and anticipate the stop way in advance and slow down so I am very easy on my brakes. Once stopped I do let up on the brake and let it move so it isnt stuck on one spot. I dont do alot of steep grades but basic city driving. This is why I am very confused why my rotors are doing this to me.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:25 AM

Sounds like the steep grades and lots of brake usage could be an issue. Either that or you're sleep-walking, and driving your car into curbs over and over.

I'd invest in some drilled/slotted rotors with the heat coating on them. I did and they are absolutely amazing! Also the ceramic pads help alot too.

If you want more info about mine just email/PM me.

-SAYROO

Old 03-20-2010, 01:11 PM

what brand rotors and pads did you get and how do you like them? I priced out some from the RPMstore and the total is about $600 for all pads and rotors. Powerslot (drilled/slotted) rotors and EBC red ceramic pads. Have not done any research oneither of these companies yet, just thought I would see what postings are out there. thanks

Old 03-21-2010, 10:05 PM

iRotors.com is their own brand name. I've had them on for 2 yrs now without any issues at all. They are AMAZING! If you have any more questions just email me at david@roofinspect.net

Old 04-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Default Try this.

There are valid reasons why there are several "big brake" kits for the M6. Try this as I did. Install the MazdaSpeed front rotors of your choice with the MS6 calipers and hangers. Thats 2 calipers, two front rotors and pads from any source, one box w/two hangers inside, two spring clips and your good to go. I did it online and got 20% off the stealership price. My calipers have FOMOCO on them so it is a Ford manufactured part. Mazda doesn't sell the shims under the pads separately so you my opt for the OEM MS6 front pads with the shims pre-installed. I removed them and installed them under my CarboTechs. It is by far the cheapest "big brake" improvement that you could give your car. Everything lines up and works perfectly. I have no brake bias issues. If you have the 17" 5 spoke OEM Sport alloys they will JUST fit. The 16" wheels are a NO GO. I found out that the Koni Cup cars use the MS6 brakes and I talked directly with a racer who made the conversion. All the vintage Trans-Am guys use cyrogenticly treated slotted rotors so it seemed a good idea to do it right from the start for a change. I am using Frozen slotted rotors MS6 front and M6 rear, Techna-fit stainless lines, ATE Super Blue Racing fluid, with Carbotech autocross pads on daily bias. I have to clean my alloys once a week with these pads which doesn't bother me at all. After having them in for two years I am sure that you will agree with me that I don't understand why Mazda didn't do from the start. I go to Road America once a year and have run 1 hour non-stop with no fad issues. Turn 5 is a brake killer (115MPH+=rev limiter+3500lbs car+downhill at end). The OEM front rotor setup is gone after one lap, with ANY rotor and pad combo. Heat management in all respects is the issue at RA. My only regret is that I didn't do it the day the MS6 parts became available and after the conversion be warned not to leave loose items in your car as they will smash the dashboard and be careful not to get rear ended. This setup has saved my wife on several occasions commuting daily in Chicago.
2003 Mazda 6s ATX 98K original owner daily driver (spouse) set up to run at RA (me).
Other mod info on request.