Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Check Engine Light + Airbag Warning light

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Default Check Engine Light + Airbag Warning light

Hi guys,

I have got a Mazda 6 52Reg 2.0 ltr Diesel. I'm having couple of issues with this car:-

- Check Engine light comes on and stays on and after getting it tested it shows the error P0113- IAT Sensor fault - I got this replaced and reset the fault still no joy.

- Airbag light flashes twice ...pause then once error 21..scanner showed B2233.

The Mechanic says the airbag issue is normal with these Mazda's and he thinks it could be a faulty ECU in regards to the IAT sensor as all the temp reading are coming up as normal.

The car runs smoothly no probs electrical/Mechanical or any nasty sounds just these 2 warning lights. Will this car pass its MOT (uk based)?

Before I take it to the dealers who no doubt will rip me off big time...any possible suggestions/ solutions???

Much Appriciated!!

Yas

Old 04-21-2010, 07:44 AM

Well there seem to be no responses for quite some time....

!!! update !!!
took it to garage and Mechanic said there are 2 MAF sensors and he could not locate one of them so the problem is still there with EML.

In-regards to Air bag light - the driver side piller air bag shows no 2.2ohm resistance so the connection/wiring or the airbag could be faulty, needs complete stripping down as ECU is placed behind the dash-board (More labour n time) he said with this light on it should pass the MOT so fingers crossed!!

Now I have another problem- there's an engine oil leak by the passenger side and its between the connection to the gearbox.

gear changes from 1st to 2nd feel rather clunky and struggle so more problems to follow I presume...its a shame it only done 42k miles.

Iam thinking of selling the lovely car as it has given so many problems already and by following numerous posts on web - gotta avoid all Mazda's ....

Honda here I come :P