Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Help make my Mazda 6 "Unique"!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Default Help make my Mazda 6 "Unique"!

Hey everyone. I have been thinking about putting a personal touch to my mazda 6 to make it stand out and different from all the others... even though i do not see a lot like mine to begin with. I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas on how to make my car look sweeeett!

Here were some of the things that i was thinking about...
1. Tinting the back windows (i live in NJ so i cant do anything fun basically)
2. Putting a new performance break kit on
3. Changing the Mazda emblem on the trunk to the "flying M"

I have also been debating on changing the color of the emblems but i dont know what color i should use... Black comes to mind but i also feel like it would look weird... Tell me what you all think i should do. I am open to all ideas... Also, i am not as much into the performance part of my car yet because i still have another year of warranty. Here are some pictures of my car. Tell me what you all think.

Attached Thumbnails Help make my Mazda 6 "Unique"!-dscn0142.jpg  
Old 06-16-2010, 03:07 PM

Well, with seeing how dark the color of your car is, You need to paint the emblems a color that will stand out. Hot pink or fluorescent orange comes to mind. You can also get those caliper covers that give it that big "break" look. The flying "M" is tacky & played out. See if you can do a larger "6" to replace it with. That would look hot. I recommend mirror tint, as regular tint has also been done to death.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:22 PM

lol.... leave it to a trini to make those recommendations.... i mean really look at the car in that sig........

Sheldon, you should play nice occasionally....

OP..... if you want to do shocker yellow flying M...have at it... or you can go super subdued, and do what you suggested... in the end its whatever floats your boat..flicks your bic... or yanks your chain...

Last edited by matchingsilver; 06-16-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:37 PM

Thanks for the input trini! I don't know where you are at, but at least for me i have never seen the flying M done before. It might not be as common here in New Jersey, or where i go to college in PA. I agree that the tint is over done but i dont know if the mirror tint is intirely the way to go with my car either... It is too shiny for the paint on my car. As matchingsilver put it... i think i am going to go for the subdued look. For painting the emblems i was thinking of a really dark chrome paint. Any ideas on what to use, and where i can get the paint. Also i have already looked into the caliper covers and i think that is the way i want to go in that department. What color should i do with them? I feel like i should do black to carry on with the look, but i dont know if i want to go with red so that they stand out. Any advice on the dark/black chrome for the emblems and the colors for the caliper covers?