Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

GI: Sniper Tuning Engine Management System

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Default GI: Sniper Tuning Engine Management System

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop by and inform everyone that there is a "flasher-type" EMS that is in the process of being developed and will hopefully be marketable to our NA Mazda6 crowd in the near future if all works out well.

Company Info: Sniper, Inc.
253 Central Park Dr.
Sanford, FL 32771
Sales: 407-321-5725
Fax: 407-321-5805
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-6:30pm ET
Sales: sales@snipertuning.com
Technical: tech@snipertuning.com

Initial Q&A with Sniper.[*]What are the product options? Don't have names yet but they will basically be from my understanding a unit that plugs into the data port and has a tune in it and your stock tune gets stored in the box.It will have a a non tuneable and a tuneable version.[*]What are their respective prices? $400 retail for nontuneable, $749 retail for tuneable with software. [*]What is included with each product? Everything you will need .[*]Is anything further required for each product to function properly? No.[*]Can you use the Commando on 2 or more vehicles If they are owned by the same person? No,if you want that capability you will need the delta force software and it starts at $1800 and includes a contract. [*]Is Sniper capable of altering or removing the speed limiter and or rev limiters? Yes,you can set them at what you want.[*]Can you alter the seat belt chime? (This process is handled by the ECU) Not at the moment,but they can look into it.[*]Will it come with an intial tune? No,they have to come up with a database so they can do that,and it will be downloadable.[/ol]

Back-story of Product Development: [blockquote]Cosworth contracted Sniper to develop hardware capable of tuning the Cosworth Miata. They found out soon afterwords that this software worked on the RX-8 because they both share DENSO ECUs. A fellow 6 member found out about this and asked them if they could attempt to develop a product for the 6. A fellow 6 member volunteered, and they hooked their car up to their equipment and downloaded the OEM tune for them to alter. Once they were done, we came to the basic conclusion that any Mazda with a DENSO ECU is compatible with their hardware, and only require minimal software work. They are due to return to Sniper in the near future for further software and tuning work. Product ETA is roughly 1 month. The hardware is available, the software just needs to be tweaked.

[/blockquote]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16200/9D57E43805FC4F839B44BCA595757797.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Default RE: GI: Sniper Tuning Engine Management System

I would like for any of you who are interested in this product to let me know and post up. The manufacturer needs to see how many people are going to be interested so that the group buy discounts can be dropped.

I will keep you all up to date and answer questions that you have if needed. Right now the production research is going on for the 3.0L but a 2.3L should be in their facility soon. As soon as I hear word on any updates, I'll keep you posted instantly!

Here is the site that this GI is going on with: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=90844

Old 03-13-2008, 09:43 PM

Any show of interest on this forum??? Should also work for the miatas and rx-8s

Old 03-18-2008, 07:24 PM

Problem is, most people come to this board looking for standard maintnence advice. on occasion we get people asking about mods and such, but I'm one of the few regular posters that has any interest in things like this, and I can't run a seperate ems in my class with SCCA. So, the interrest level on this board is goig to be much lower than it is on 6 club.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 03-19-2008, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: CKeffer

Problem is, most people come to this board looking for standard maintnence advice. on occasion we get people asking about mods and such, but I'm one of the few regular posters that has any interest in things like this, and I can't run a seperate ems in my class with SCCA. So, the interrest level on this board is goig to be much lower than it is on 6 club.

-Cameron Keffer
understood but I still want to put this upgrade out there for any fellow members... better to have the word mentioned than to say nothing at all.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:23 PM

Wll this work with the 6i? I would be very interested in such a product. Let me know-