Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Engine Tuning and exterior (rookie)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:00 AM
Default Engine Tuning and exterior (rookie)

Hi, i own a 06 mazda6 2.3 sedan black with middle end options i.e. some of the features of top end models. Im totally new to aspect of tuning and exterior make over. Im keepin myself up to catch with the nerves of tuning and like stuff. Now its been 9 months since i bought my m6. im thinking of upgading the engine performance. As im totally unaware of these specifications could anyone out there plz help me in this issue. any valauble suggestion is appreciated. Im thinkin of paintin it with silver flames on the body. guyz, wats your stand on this. would it be worth a try. These things might look silly for u guys but as i told u im a rookie in this.

waitin valuabe suggestions.

cheers.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Default RE: Engine Tuning and exterior (rookie)

Well if you are doing engine performance first thing is to get a cold air intake. www.therpmstore.com has lots of good stuff to buy for peformance and exterior mods. If you are going to do flames, in my opinon the only way they will look good on a black car if u do shadow flames or ghost flames. I wouldnt put flames period but alot of people like it so ya. Good luck.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:15 AM

thanks. i checked some of the col air intakes. would be going for some soon. but for the performance, suggest me some ideal specs. would be great to have a idea before going for it. i'll check for some nice flame design too.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:39 AM

Well with the cold air intakes id say either go with the mazdaspeed intake or the cp-e intake. The cp-e is expensive because it has the maf customizer on it. The cp-e you will get the best perfomance out of it but with the 2.3L engine you wont gain much more hp then the mazdaspeed intake. Id suggest getting the mazdaspeed intake for the 2.3L unless you would like to spend the extra money.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:31 AM

hi fluffysheepboy, its been long tim since i posted last time. i was away for sometime. Now that im going for a mazda speed cold air intake, would it alter my warranty terms with the dealer. And one more concern is that would it fit for auto transmission. I browsed throu the mazda speed site and it says cold air intake for 2.3l manual. ro does it work for both. so how well would it go with a 2.3l AT?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:13 AM

To maintain your warranty you need to use Mazdaspeed parts and have them installed by a Mazdaspeed dealer.

That being said...I used my warranty once and had installed plenty of Mazdaspeed parts on my 3 with no issues whatsoever. I had a motor mount break at 49,980 miles and the dealer fixed it under warranty, no problem. (The old dealer I went to was just the opposite....oh there's a noise from your steering...oh you don't have stock wheels...that voids the warranty. Ugh.)

Old 04-25-2007, 12:43 AM

Hello, they have a mazda cold air intake for almost all makes and models. Also they have a 3 year warranty on it with your current warranty. If your basic warranty has already exspired they give you like 6 months of warranty. And you can order the part and install it yourself and the warranty will still be active.