Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

fitting mps parts to ts 2007 gg whats possible?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 09:03 AM
Default fitting mps parts to ts 2007 gg whats possible?

I'm in the UK so i don't know if all information available is universal or models vary internationally? i left my job as a courier and sold my van. I had a 626 years ago and it was a lot of fun/car for the money. I picked up a 5 door 2007 mazda6 ts gg, (so its a 1st generation facelift i believe). It was cheap and in relatively good condition. a few marks/scrapes i can deal with with some rust treatment and a spray can... Beyond that theres a dent in the front wing and the bumpers show signs of age, rear has a tow bar and it looks like someones had a few problems hitching/unhitching so i need to get new bumpers anyway, wondering if mps is a straight swap? Also if i can get a non runner or find a good breakers would the mps front wings be a straight swap? While i'm at it what about the bonnet to complete the front end?

Internally the drivers door electric mirror switch only operates the passenger side, not a major problem because i can manually adjust my mirror and at least i can adjust the passenger side while sitting in a driving position, the previous owner said when the the front wing got the dent the mirror was hit too. Would it be more likely to be the mirror or the switch? Would it be an easier job to take the mirror apart before pulling the door apart and fitting a switch that might not need replacing if the mirror is where the problem is?

All the windows work from their own switch so motors and fuses are good and again not a real problem because all the windows can be operated by the person in the seat. The Drivers 4 way window switches only operate the drivers window whether i have the lock on or off. When the lock is off only the rear switch lights come on but the drivers 4 way switches dont function for the passenger or rear windows and the passenger switch light doesn't come on at all. suggests to me its the switch/drivers door electrics. Plus the radio controls on the steering wheel don't function but the cruise control does. again i think its the switches... If i get a cheap mps or look for spares, are the switches/connecters universal on all models? Any info or trouble shooting advice welcome, somethings better than nothing no matter how insignificant or obvious you might think it is, it might be just what i need or it might help someone else

Last edited by barkingbill; 11-11-2017 at 02:15 PM. Reason: one problem solved from info on forum, thank you to previous posters
Old 11-11-2017, 02:15 PM

Re-activated drivers door 4 way window switches. As stated on here, you use the switch on that window to roll that window down then pull that switch up and the corresponing one on the drivers door 4 way switch at the same time, (so switch on passenger window up and passenger switch on drivers door up together, repeat for each rear, rear switch on window and same rear switch on drivers door at same time) I heard a click from the rear window after a second then another from the dash click after 2 seconds more, i held both switches in the up position for the recomended 20 seconds now all 4 windows operate from the drivers door 4 way switch... Global opening/closing re-activated when holding down the unlock/lock button on the fob but only on the 3 passenger windows, the drivers window doesn't function with it. The orange lights on the drivers door passenger window switch still don't light up even though the window is now working from the drivers door switch, further fuels my suspicion that there is something wrong in the drivers door electrics... I've pulled the radio remote switches off the steering wheel but theres no noticable problems with the connections, though none of the buttons click or have the pressure resistance of the cruise control buttons, like its empty inside and just been put on for cosmetics to fill the gap in the steering wheel... I'll get the mirror off in daylight and update what i find

Last edited by barkingbill; 11-21-2017 at 07:19 AM.