Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Fan issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 09:46 PM
Default Fan issues

Hi all,
I am new to this forum but have scoured the realms of the interwebs to find an answer to a situation that maybe another has found a solution for. Or maybe someone can help me diagnose through the skills of others. I have a 2004 6S.
the fan co tool module stopped working and the fan was running constantly. I changed it out with a cheap eBay part and it failed again. I changed that one with a like part but it never worked. I moved on to Amazon. I tried one from there and it never worked. I thought surely one of these would work so I swapped out the Collant temp sensor and no change so I returned it. I bought a Beck and Arnely FCM from RockAuto and it worked with the AC on only. As the car warms up it will come on for 3 seconds and go off for about 10 seconds then repeat. This is not happening while the AC is on. The gauge doesn’t show too hot but I can smell the engine when I get out of the car. It’s a very faint coolant smell that lets me know there was a leak at one point or another and it is off gassing from the heat of the engine. I have driven this thing in hot temps up hills. It is not consistent.

maybe someone can help me understand what’s up with this on/off/on/off surging power to the fans.