Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Exhaust help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Default Exhaust help?

Hey all!! I have a 2004 mazda and the preheat catalytic converters on the exhaust manifolds got plugged due to a bad motor. I am wondering a couple things. I am looking for any information where I can find cheap stock manifolds or a decent header exhaust system. The dealer prices for these are expensive, so any information would be great. Also if anyone has info on the header system. I was wondering if it has big effects on the CEL/ emissions/ or gas mileage? I appreciate any info on the stock min!!folds or header systems as it is very hard to find these parts for this car. So thanks everyone!!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Default RE: Exhaust help?

OK, before anyone can tell you where to find parts, or who has the best ones, we need to know what engine you have in ur car, as that is gonna make a huge difference on what we tell you.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 07-01-2008, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

Since you put manifolds (plural) and abad engine in the same post I'm going to assume you have an S model w/the V6.

I'm thinking your best bet would be the local bone yard. If they don't have anything perhaps they can network it for you and see what's out there.
Even if you could find a set of headers for that setup, you would be eliminating the cats (inspection difficulties) and taking a big risk (IMO) of creating some of the additional problems you arealready worriedabout.
Good used would be your best choice here in my opinion.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:16 AM

The only 2 companies that currently have headers on the market for the V6 (that I know of), is MSDS & CPE. CPE being the more expensive of the 2, but IMO the better choice.