Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Driver side seat track problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2023, 05:20 PM
Default Driver side seat track problems

My daughter has a 2007 Mazda 6 (the base model), and the power seat was sticking on the left side. I unbolted the seat and attempted to lube it up, but what I didn't notice is that the left side wasn't tracking the right side with the seat unbolted. The ride side bolt mounts are now about 6" different from the left side, but now both sides are tracking each other. I now can't get the seat reinstalled. I move it all the way forward, the left side [track] causes the motion to stop. I move the seat back, and the right side [track] causes it to stop. I do think a gear must be stripped on the left side because it's quite jerky when it's moving, so I need to get another track.

I ***HATE*** power seats. Is there some way to convert this to manual?

If not, is there a way to get the two sides back to the same orientation, so that I can install the seat?

Does anyone know if a replacement seat track will fit from other Mazdas? We have a pull-a-part, but they don't show to have any Mazda 6 inventory.

Thank you.

Last edited by albaker1; 11-19-2023 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2023, 07:43 PM

I was able to remove and seat and twist the long threaded rod. It spun freely, so I'm not sure how the gear was able to drive it. I got the sides aligned, but still would like to see if it's possible to convert to manual adjust.