Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

drive thru car wash with MT

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Default drive thru car wash with MT

took my 6 out to the local car wash place yesterday
so much ****n salt n **** after the dusting of snow we got here in New Jersey. ( my hose froze over )

heres the problem: after the wash. pulling out of the place i had to merge onto a busy highway
and i almost got rammed. the clutch was slipping and i watched as my revs shoot up but the car barely moved.[:@] im positive the clutch was fully engaged.

ive read on other forums about cars and things ****ing up after drivethru washes. is the massive clutch slip due to water seeping in?

any help would be appreciated. the car has 3150 miles on the odometer btw.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Default RE: drive thru car wash with MT

sin6racer,

You're a young man (per your profanity)of seventeen (per your AGE of mazdaSIX drivers post), in a well-perfoming car with a manual transmission and a Sport Package, with "racer" as part of your online name. Youstate thatthe clutch(a wear item) on your low-miles caris slipping.

I assure you that the drive-thru carwash is not to blame, mate. Cheers,

David

Old 02-05-2007, 09:21 PM

hahah he calls this a performance car LOL
My other car is a Cobra and that is borderline performance

The combination of cold and water could have caused your clutch to slip. I would say that if you did not have to floor it out of there, it would not have slipped. My 6 is an auto but my cobra is a stick and the clutch/tranny can do funny things when its real cold out.
I would say to have it checked out though non the less, assuming it slips again.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:55 PM

Is this the first time this has happened? If so I wouldnt bother taking it to the dealership it will just be a waste of time, becuase if they cant duplicate it then they will most likely send you on your way. By the way for future references the more burnouts, and smoke shows you do the worst it will be on your clutch.

Double D

Old 02-07-2007, 12:52 AM

guys thnx for the feedback. it only happened once, never could duplicate it.
but i found out.
it WAS probalby due to the water seeping into places it shouldnt be
cus my friend has a BMW 330. and in his manual is warns that automated drive-thru washes may cause techincal/mechanical issues. infact, bmw discourages any of its cars to be driven thru these washes

point is. i guess ill just hav to do the good old fashion hand-wash
problem is. its 5 degrees outside. [>:]

Old 02-07-2007, 04:33 AM

yeah i heard of something like this happening to alot of 6's, they never really could find out why it happened but it always happened when comming out of a car wash, for one i always wash my car by hand cuz those so called "soft" brushes at any car wash place always messes up the paint as a matter of fact it chipped my hood a little also i always mad sure to never get undercarrage washes i think its a waste of money anyway, and the last time i saw water being directly sparyed under the car the tranny blew.