Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

bad car wash

Old 03-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Default bad car wash

ok so i go to this crappy car wash place in Dover.. where i live... and i get out to see how good of a job it was so i felt my paint and it felt very rough... so i went to the more expensive car detailing place to ask why it feels like that.. they said that who ever washed it last, the cheap place, messed up my paint and it needs to be compunded... thats gonna run about $150!!!... so i went back to the cheap place and they said they arn't liable for damages... so if anyone reading this is comming to Lame ol Dover, DE soon dont go to the car wash on RT 13... they suck

Old 04-01-2006, 02:53 AM
Default RE: bad car wash

could be worse , I chipped a wheel on the no-touch automatic car wash ... Rrrr

you sure they made the paint ruff , any visible damage ? beside the feel of the paint ; 'cause that could be road grime , brake dust , and rail dust left over from the car dealer delivery .... a good clay bar will solve that as smooth as a baby's *** , try it first if it's just that ; much cheaper , but a lot of elbow grease required

Old 04-03-2006, 12:48 AM

how did you chip your wheel?

Old 04-03-2006, 02:30 PM

ha ha thats nothing

not to be a post ***** but has anyone ever got stuck in an auto car wash for 3 and a half hours

my trans am is so low that when i went to my first and only automatic car wash, i told the guy i wasnt gonna fit anf he kept telling me, "keep comming keep comming"
then i felt the bottom of my car hit the running strips of the car wash machine. he heard it too and jumped down to the ground to see what the noise is. i was about to get out of the car to see and he said "ust give it some gas" so i did and the car popped up onto the rail both front and rear wheels....

well i figure everything is ok, the machine starts to pull my car forward about 20 feet.... and then it happens, there is a little gap in the rail and my car pops out of the puller!!!!

the machine stops yellow flashy lights go on... i am livid at this point... the guy is trying to tell me to back out i am yelling at him calling him all kinds of names and everything, so i make them go down to a local home depot and buy alot of wod so they can lift my car up and i can drive out safely.

it took 3 and a half hours but i got a free car wash in the manual side.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:17 PM

oh man...I would have been heated...

Old 04-03-2006, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: the_gray_mazda6

how did you chip your wheel?
there is a guide for the drv wheel made of steel beams .... I went in too slowly got sprayed all over the windshield ; wanted a good high pressure scrub before going on the guide with the less powerful no touch wash ..... made the wipers go but was too late ; had lost my path by a few inches ... Rrrr

Old 04-03-2006, 05:36 PM

i like the "no touch" high pressure car washes... they won't chip/scratch your paint.

those brushes carry alot of dirt on them... i went through a brush car wash cause i had a free pass and what did i know... little scratch marks all over my car... sigh

Old 04-10-2006, 01:15 AM

well after further investigation after all it was overspray from my retarded neighbor while spray painting his fence on a windy day... i will be bring my M6 to a detail shop on his expense... estimates at $225... thanks for the advice everyone

Old 04-10-2006, 02:38 PM

Excellent!

Old 04-10-2006, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Italiano100

well after further investigation after all it was overspray from my retarded neighbor while spray painting his fence on a windy day... i will be bring my M6 to a detail shop on his expense... estimates at $225... thanks for the advice everyone

aww man, that's no fun at all... what a hassle. but at least you gettin your car all prettied up again!