Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

DPF light | Motor light | Abs light

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 08:31 AM
Default Dpf

Hi all,

I have recently had a problem with the DPF. First steady warning light, later flashing light. Mazda asked me £340 and after that they told me the regeneration didn't work...

My next idea was to have the DPF removed. But UK government has changed the rules in summer 2014 and any car that had DPF from factory and not found on the car (removal) will automatically fail the MOT!!!

With this, back to finding a solution... And I found one! There is a company in Hinckley that cleans the DPF filters in chemical bath combining with the ultrasonic technology. (DPF Clean Team) I just had that done. The DPF clean it self costed me £300 VAT included. But you have to deliver just the DPF, not the whole car. If you can@t manage that, find a garage, that can do that for you. This DPF disassemble and refitting costed me £140 VAT included. Overall £440, but guess what? I am sure, this will last other 80 000 miles without the DPF light.

I also asked the garage to clean the EGR valve as well. Chances are, it will be full of dust as well... Other £60. Don't forget to change the oil!

Good luck!