Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Defective Vehicle, suttle sudder upon acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Default Defective Vehicle, suttle sudder upon acceleration

I recently bought a 2006 Speed6 and am experiencing a problem that I shouldn't be having after paying 26K. There is a slight shudder upon acceleration. It is most noticable in third and fourth gears from about 2700rpm to 3500/4000, as the turbo hits. Perhaps it could be related to the automated drivetrain; I don't know. Maybe a different oil in the drivetrain system(viscous clutch, etc.) that could make a difference. I didn't notice the problem upon testdrive but if I did I certainly would have never bought the car. I am working with the dealer but it is going very slow. This is my first visit to any forum as I was trying to give Mazda a chance. I am getting dissapointed. I see one person , calallero213, that could be having similar problems. My service manager drove other Speed6's they had on the lot and they did it too. Surely a defect like this should have been cought during R&D/testing. It has left me very discouraged. Am I one of the first to recognize a recall problem? Surely there must be others out there. Please help. Will Mazda make it right, or will legal action be necessary? Class-action?

Old 11-21-2006, 04:16 AM
Default RE: Defective Vehicle, suttle sudder upon acceleration

Hey we might be having the same problem. I was told there is no fix available for this, I am now contacting Mazda headquarters. Please email me at caballero1960@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-21-2006, 05:37 AM

I have experienced no such problem in my speed 6. A little more detail would help possibly diagnose the problem, or give way to an explanation.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:29 PM

if all the cars are having the same problem then it must be a bad shipment of them. Got to love Union workers. They should be built in Japan.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:35 PM

Not all cars are having this problem, I just found out there are 3 car's with this same problem in the U.S. All Mazdaspeed's are only built in Japan and I always thought the Japanese were perfect in quality-NOT!!! So you cant blame the American Union Worker for this one. But back to the issue, well I was told by Mazdaspeed customer service that they have a engineer looking into this problem and to allow at least a couple of weeks for a solution. but in the mean time I will start the paper work for a buyback. I just hope it doesnt take forever, I do enjoy this car and will be more than happy to get another. In my opinion it's a bad omen to have your car in the shop too many times so I'm pushing for a buyback. There's no telling what other damage to the drivetrain this problem might be causing.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:53 AM

huh. interesting. I only assumed. That is odd.