Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

cornering on these cars are awesome

Old 08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Default cornering on these cars are awesome

today I drove on a super curvy road that not too many people drive on. the best part is I caught up with a '96 or so Porsche Carrera and we just cruised takin the curves one by one. I wish the city would repave the road cause we got up to 60(speed limit is 45) and was pretty bumpy and repaving it would only make it better. but that road is so fun no matter how many bumps. if any of ya'll ever come down to b'ham for some reason let me know

Old 08-25-2009, 08:19 PM

Oh yes Zoom zoom is definitely alive and well in the 6.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 PM

you ain't lying! I just can't wait til I get the money to do what I want to it!

Old 08-26-2009, 02:46 AM

Agreed...this is by far the best handling FF car I've ever owned. I'm running on upgraded springs which drop the ride height, and 225/40/R18s...makes things that much more fun. Now if I could just figure out a way to make the other drivers in my way magically disappear...

Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 AM

I def agree that our cars handle very good stock. Modded......they are a totally different beast.

-Sheldon.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Triple G
Agreed...this is by far the best handling FF car I've ever owned. I'm running on upgraded springs which drop the ride height, and 225/40/R18s...makes things that much more fun. Now if I could just figure out a way to make the other drivers in my way magically disappear...
They have that! It's called road racing or auto cross . But you think the springs alone are fun? Try throwing on the Racingbeat swaybars and a set of upgraded shocks. It'll completely transform the way the car behaves, in a good way.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by CKeffer
They have that! It's called road racing or auto cross . But you think the springs alone are fun? Try throwing on the Racingbeat swaybars and a set of upgraded shocks. It'll completely transform the way the car behaves, in a good way.
Stop trying to make me spend my money!

btw...any particular shocks you'd recommend? I've got Tein S-tech springs installed, which say they're designed to work with OEM shocks...but if I can get a little better performance without sacrificing too much ride quality...well...why not? You know, just in case I were tempted to buy some. Which I'm definitely not. Nope. Not at all.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:56 PM

If you are on a budget upgrading to a set of mazdaspeed6 shocks will improve the handling nicely. Otherwise, I'm absolutely in love with my Bilstiens. They offer an improvement in damping without being super stiff (definitely stiffer than stock though).

Old 08-26-2009, 05:32 PM

will buying an upper front strut bar and lowering springs alone make it even better? both combined are fairly cheap and the bigger wheels are gonna have to wait cause they cost too much. plus, I can do the strut bar myself

Old 08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

In a word, Yup! But if I had a 1st gen six and was on a budget, I'd start with sway bars.
They won't affect the ride but will keep the body roll in check around corners.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cornering on these cars are awesome