Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Best Full cat-back exhaust system for mazda6s 6cyl

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 03:09 AM
Default Best Full cat-back exhaust system for mazda6s 6cyl

Im looking for a loud sound that sounds like it has power to it, but nothing rice.
im thinkin somethin like magnaflow or borla. what do u think?

Old 08-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Default RE: Best Full cat-back exhaust system for mazda6s 6cyl

ORIGINAL: mazda046s

Im looking for a loud sound that sounds like it has power to it, but nothing rice.
im thinkin somethin like magnaflow or borla. what do u think?
Best choice for the V6 would be the Magnaflow. I have it & love it .

Old 08-20-2008, 11:05 AM

I have the 4cyl version and am also looking into magnaflow good to hear that people are likeing them I do think the 4" tips are a bit much but oh well. Still under consideration.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:00 PM

For the V6 Magnaflow is a very popular choice due to it being relatively inexpensive and sounding decent. Borla i do not believe is currently making a kit for us so you'd have to get a custom setup if you went with them. There are other options too depending on what you want to spend Mazdaspeed makes a very nice sounding system that looks good too, and if you are really looking to dump money n a hole there is always the Apexi WS system, but it's really pricey. Oh and since there is no Hp to be gained with these cars by changing out the exhaust behind the headders buying an axle back system is just as effective as buying a cat-back since it's only a looks and sound thing.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 08-20-2008, 11:52 PM

ok thanks a lot.. by any chance if i was to get headers with the exhaust.. wuld that make a difference in the hp.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:57 PM

1 more thing.. does anyone know if there is any hp difference between a customaem cai and aemcai.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: CKeffer

For the V6 Magnaflow is a very popular choice due to it being relatively inexpensive and sounding decent. Borla i do not believe is currently making a kit for us so you'd have to get a custom setup if you went with them. There are other options too depending on what you want to spend Mazdaspeed makes a very nice sounding system that looks good too, and if you are really looking to dump money n a hole there is always the Apexi WS system, but it's really pricey. Oh and since there is no Hp to be gained with these cars by changing out the exhaust behind the headders buying an axle back system is just as effective as buying a cat-back since it's only a looks and sound thing.

-Cameron Keffer
I have to disagree with you Cameron, on the not gaining any HP . I gained 4whp when I installed my Magnaflow catback. I am currently at 189whp & 179wtq with the catback & modified factory airbox .

Old 08-21-2008, 10:41 PM

*shrugs* you got lucky. Been talking about exhaust with the guys on 6 club off and on for a while now and there are a few cases where people gained around 5 hp, but most of the time gains are around 1 -2 hp and those are typically just attributed to slight differences in dynos. No matter what, unless you have headders and high-flow cats as well you aren't gonna see much if any gain from a cat-back system on these cars. Mazda just did a really good job with this part of the car, it just doesn't have much of anything in the ways of sound that's all.

Also about the CAI's as far as I know they all make about the same power, with the exception of the CPE with MAFCI which makes a good bit more, but that's attributed more to the little "magic box" they give you that fools your ecu somehow.

-Cameron Keffer

Old 08-22-2008, 08:00 AM

ORIGINAL: CKeffer

*shrugs* you got lucky. Been talking about exhaust with the guys on 6 club off and on for a while now and there are a few cases where people gained around 5 hp, but most of the time gains are around 1 -2 hp and those are typically just attributed to slight differences in dynos. No matter what, unless you have headders and high-flow cats as well you aren't gonna see much if any gain from a cat-back system on these cars. Mazda just did a really good job with this part of the car, it just doesn't have much of anything in the ways of sound that's all.

Also about the CAI's as far as I know they all make about the same power, with the exception of the CPE with MAFCI which makes a good bit more, but that's attributed more to the little "magic box" they give you that fools your ecu somehow.

-Cameron Keffer
Definitely agrre with you on the CPE intake. You can't beat it .