Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

2018 CarPlay/Android Auto Infotainment Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 03:24 PM
Default 2018 CarPlay/Android Auto Infotainment Upgrade

I spoke with my dealer's Service Manager today regarding the CarPlay/AA upgrade. They received a message from Mazda yesterday stating that full info and upgrade kits will be shipped to dealers in mid-September.

Mazda stated that these kits are for 2018 models produced on or after April 1, 2018 (mine was April 2). I'm not sure if any 2018 6's were produced before that date or what the status of the upgrade might be for those cars.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:51 PM

I was told today by the salesman that it would NOT be a free upgrade! He thinks it is a cable and software, and could possibly be $200 (with install labor). I am not happy as he told us both in January when we bought my Wife's M3 and again in July when I got my M6 it was going to be a simple FREE Programming install.

Can you share if your Service Manager had any info as far as pricing?

I will not be happy if there is a charge (anything beyond nominal) and I hope my wife's car is eligible too!

Old 08-28-2018, 04:01 PM

The upgrade is free for 2018 Mazda6 Touring, Grand Touring, Grand Touring Reserve, and Signature models.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:09 PM

Thanks for that! My sales guy was not sure and the Service guy had NO Clue. My wife's is a Mazda 3 GT, so I hope hers is free, but produced before April 1......

Old 09-05-2018, 12:34 PM

Just an Update - Service dept said they should have the kits within the week, and then after they install a few in LOT cars so they have the process down, they will start doing customers cars. Free if you have a Touring or Grand Touring or Signature!!!!

Old 09-06-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by MIkiehead
I was told today by the salesman that it would NOT be a free upgrade! He thinks it is a cable and software, and could possibly be $200 (with install labor). I am not happy as he told us both in January when we bought my Wife's M3 and again in July when I got my M6 it was going to be a simple FREE Programming install.
When they have them in stock, talk to the manager. If you were told by their staff it would be free for both of the cars you just bought from them, they should give it to you to keep you a happy customer.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:43 AM

Unfortunately a lot of dealers still seem to be uninformed about this upgrade. Make sure you call your service dept and have them confirm 100% they have the kits in stock so you don't waste a trip. My service dept being one of the ones not up to speed, they think it's just a software update when I called to make the appointment. I called back to make sure they had the kits and they did not.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:11 AM

Is the 3rd Gen Mzd 6 is included in this update.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:24 PM

Hey guys. I work at a Mazda dealer.

The upgrade is ONLY available for 2018+ Mazda 6, Touring and above, free of charge. Sport models can be upgraded, but owners will have to pay. The price of the upgrade will be $199 for the parts and two hours of labor. We charge $400, parts and labor, total. Please note that this is NOT a DIY job. You have to reflash the CMU after the kit is installed.

At this time, no other vehicles have upgrade parts available. When we got these kits, I had a very specific conversation with my Mazda rep and he said that other models are in the pipeline, but there is no timetable for them right now.

Old 09-29-2018, 10:21 AM

I have called my Service guy a few times now. He said it was taking 4+ hours for the first few installs, but now they have it down to 2 hours. When I expressed concerns about rattles after the install as they take out the center consul and who knows what else, he assured me that they use all new clips.
I am getting close to my first oil change and will have it done then!!

AND Yes, if they do not provide it for my wife's 2018 Grand Touring M3 like the salesman promised for No charge, I will be the on the dealer review sites with my feelings about that!! :>)

Quick Reply: 2018 CarPlay/Android Auto Infotainment Upgrade