Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

2016 Mazda6: Shifting back, forth, back and forth after stopping

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 12:21 AM
Question 2016 Mazda6: Shifting back, forth, back and forth after stopping

My new (6 month old) Mazda 6 2016 shifting back, forth, back and forth after stopping. This is happening even if I stop slowly. The feeling is like the car is trying to start but can't. Anyone has similar problem and was able to fix it?

Let me know if you need more info!

Old 06-17-2016, 10:39 PM

Ok then, that is a little vague. Shifting what back and forth? Let me throw a little info at you and see if any of it sticks, applies that is.

Skyactive cars shift themselves into neutral when you come to a stop. The moment you foot leaves the brake pedal, the trans shifts back into drive. Because of this action, the torque converter in the trans does not build up excessive heat while sitting at a light or creeping in stop and go traffic. Thus, 100,000 mile trans service interval.

If you are a double footed driver, right on the gas, left on the brake, depending on how much pressure you have on pedals, or how soon your foot hits the throttle before completely coming off the brake, you may feel the trans rock a bit in and out of gear.

Throw a cycling a/c compressor into that mix and it could feel a little strange. Any help?

Old 06-20-2016, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky202
Ok then, that is a little vague. Shifting what back and forth? Let me throw a little info at you and see if any of it sticks, applies that is.

Skyactive cars shift themselves into neutral when you come to a stop. The moment you foot leaves the brake pedal, the trans shifts back into drive. Because of this action, the torque converter in the trans does not build up excessive heat while sitting at a light or creeping in stop and go traffic. Thus, 100,000 mile trans service interval.

If you are a double footed driver, right on the gas, left on the brake, depending on how much pressure you have on pedals, or how soon your foot hits the throttle before completely coming off the brake, you may feel the trans rock a bit in and out of gear.

Throw a cycling a/c compressor into that mix and it could feel a little strange. Any help?
Thank you for answer. The issue is different. I want to come to the complete stop. I put my leg only on brake pedal and simply stopping. At the moment the car comes to the complete stop the car will shift back forth back and forth. This always happens in drive and manual (on first gear) modes. This is not happening on Neutral.
I didn't have this issue for the first 5 month, then it started.
Does this clears the things?