Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

07 power streering noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Default 07 power streering noise

Okay, so today we were trying to change the thermostat on the Mazda, after a while of looking at the location we decided it was better to have a tech do it. Well in the process of figuring out how to get to the thermostat I undid the clip that holds the power steering reservoir or whatever its called, it plugs right in to the power steering pump, we put it back together, turn on the car and it made grinding noise when we turned I figured since we took it apart and power steering was spilled maybe it just needed to be refilled, no still making the noise, I took it apart again saw that the rubber seal was broken replace that still making the noise, Wondering if I'm missed something

Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by lxdsmxl
Okay, so today we were trying to change the thermostat on the Mazda, after a while of looking at the location we decided it was better to have a tech do it. Well in the process of figuring out how to get to the thermostat I undid the clip that holds the power steering reservoir or whatever its called, it plugs right in to the power steering pump, we put it back together, turn on the car and it made grinding noise when we turned I figured since we took it apart and power steering was spilled maybe it just needed to be refilled, no still making the noise, I took it apart again saw that the rubber seal was broken replace that still making the noise, Wondering if I'm missed something

Air in the lines possibly?