Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

07 Masda 6/ doorlocks,dome light,turn flasher, problems!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Default 07 Masda 6/ doorlocks,dome light,turn flasher, problems!Fixed

FIXED
First some history!

Daughter took car to work when she got off and came out to the car she pressed her remote and the doors would not unlock and the lights would not flash like they usually do!

She entered the car and also noticed that the light just above the mirror don't come on!

On the way home the turn signals don't flash , but come on!

The next morning she came out to the car and noticed that both windows had opened about 6" , this was without any input from her!

What I have done:

The only thing I have done is check all the fuse's under the hood (right side box) and the fuse box located in the left side kick panel!

All fuse's were tested with a test light on both terminals of the fuse! They were all good!

Can anyone help with some direction in witch to go? I do not have a wiring diagram!

Last edited by Dryan; 01-27-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: fixed
Old 12-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Banned

sounds like your car is possessed!

I'm going to copy & paste from a post i did a couple days ago which is easy to do and worth a shot!:

I would re-flash or shut off the computer. Believe it or not, computers need to be shut off, re-set once in a while so they work better!
If it was me I would disconnect the negative terminal of the battery followed by a a few brake pedal depressions, wait 10 minutes, re-connect the battery terminal and let the car idle for 5-1- minutes before driving reasonably for the first 50 miles (no flooring).
I've done it to my 2006 Mazda 6 numerous times.
However, when i do it i lose my radio pre-sets and my passenger side window. The passenger side window is an easy fix as i first lower the passenger with the passenger window controller on the passenger side, then as i am raising that switch on the passenger door i am at the same time using the passenger window controller on the driver side. Yes 1 arm per switch, with a long reach! Hold this posiyion up for 20 seconds after the window has reached the top, now you have your passenger window back from the driver side. (check your owners manual).
If you have any concerns, pay the dealership to do this and ask them the consequences other than radio.

Holding down the unlock button will open both front windows.

Attached Thumbnails 07 Masda 6/ doorlocks,dome light,turn flasher, problems!-possessed.jpg   07 Masda 6/ doorlocks,dome light,turn flasher, problems!-bridezilla3.jpg   07 Masda 6/ doorlocks,dome light,turn flasher, problems!-bend_over.jpg   07 Masda 6/ doorlocks,dome light,turn flasher, problems!-headinlocker.jpg   07 Masda 6/ doorlocks,dome light,turn flasher, problems!-merryxmas.jpg  

Old 12-23-2013, 05:55 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I will try removing the neg cable for 10 minutes and see if anything improves, But right now the windows all respond with the pushing of there switch's.

I'm looking for the turn signal relay (flasher) but cant find it, maybe there is none! All the turn signal light work at the front and rear, and dash Left and Right, but only if you move the lever manually to flash them.

The "not working" list is growing:
trunk lid doe's not open with remote
panic button does not work (battery in remote is new and old one was good)

After doing some research of looking for parts on Ebay it seems 2007 Mazda 6 does not use a traditional flasher, instead the "Body control Module" does the flashing! There are reports of moisture intrusion into the case causing problems!

So my next question is where is the BCM (body control module) located?

information links:
http://www.justanswer.com/car/2u3ks-...left-side.html
http://www.justanswer.com/mazda/5jbr...n-t-flash.html

Last edited by Dryan; 12-23-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: add,addagain
Old 12-23-2013, 07:51 PM

I found this thread somewhere else:BCM Failed - Water leak - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

But I don't know where the BCM is located.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:32 PM

Thank You! Your post had this link in it:

possible solution to BCM issue.

My daughter car has the sun roof and she has been in alot of rain driving lately.

Sounds like the BCM is located on drivers side in the kick panel area near fuse box!

When I looked at the fuse box I could see a clear plastic tubing I supose this is the water drain for the sunroof. I'll try to get a picture of this area when I look at it Xmas day!

UPDATE: 12/24
Daughter called this morning, she found the rear pass side window down about half way.

5 degrees this moring! Now wornding if there is water that has frozen in the drains from the sunroof area that lead in the direction of the fuse box and BCM , if so it may be melting when she drives home and reentering the BCM or fuse box and refreezing during the night continuing the problem.

Last edited by Dryan; 12-24-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: add
Old 01-09-2014, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin

I'm going to copy & paste from a post i did a couple days ago which is easy to do and worth a shot!:

I would re-flash or shut off the computer. Believe it or not, computers need to be shut off, re-set once in a while so they work better!
If it was me I would disconnect the negative terminal of the battery followed by a a few brake pedal depressions, wait 10 minutes, re-connect the battery terminal and let the car idle for 5-1- minutes before driving reasonably for the first 50 miles (no flooring).
However, when i do it i lose my radio pre-sets and my passenger side window. The passenger side window is an easy fix as i first lower the passenger with the passenger window controller on the passenger side, then as i am raising that switch on the passenger door i am at the same time using the passenger window controller on the driver side. Yes 1 arm per switch, with a long reach! Hold this posiyion up for 20 seconds after the window has reached the top, now you have your passenger window back from the driver side. (check your owners manual).
If you have any concerns, pay the dealership to do this and ask them the consequences other than radio.

Can't wait to try this window fix!!!! I had a mechanic do a check engine light scan and after getting home, I discovered the passenger window would not roll up at drivers side control. Thanks to you, I may have saved myself the $250. he claims will fix it with a new switch! Thank you very much for posting the valuable info!
UPDATE: Just called gf at home and told her what to do with windows..worked like a charm!!

Last edited by jimx200; 01-09-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 PM

i love to read about happy success stories!

Old 01-27-2014, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin

Daughter did this and now the turn signals work, dome light works, and the remote works, just the pass side window wont work from drivers side!

Their going after that next!

U da man
Thanks
Denny

Old 01-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Banned

to get passenger side window to work after disconnecting battery you need to do this:

After doing this on my Mazda 6 my Passenger window will also not work from the driver side. To correct this I first put the passenger window down from the passenger side. Now I start putting it up with my right hand----while it’s going up I use my left hand and put the window up using the driver side control for that window, keep holding both buttons up for 20 seconds after the window has reached the top. My radio pre-sets also lost.