Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

"Driver-side key cylinder open/close function for front windows"

Old 07-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Default "Driver-side key cylinder open/close function for front windows"

Hey all...

My first post about my first foreign car...Mazda6 TE...2 weeks old

I have a question...in the brochures about the car and in the owner's manual, there is mention of being able to use the driver-side key cylinder to open/close the front windows. I have tried this but to no avail. The key fob remote feature works to roll down the windows but not from the key cylinder.

Anyone know if this *should* work?

I will try the window reset sequence I found in another post and see if that fixes it but I kind have my doubts...

Thanks!

Old 07-21-2006, 01:39 AM
Default RE: "Driver-side key cylinder open/close function for front windows"

I saw on an acura commercial about 4 years ago the guy stuck in the key and turned it and held it in the unlock position then the windows went down. I own a 20 year old car so I don't know if it's work with the MAzda but you can try it.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:20 AM

ORIGINAL: 87 turbo II

I saw on an acura commercial about 4 years ago the guy stuck in the key and turned it and held it in the unlock position then the windows went down. I own a 20 year old car so I don't know if it's work with the MAzda but you can try it.
well according to the 2006 Mazda6 Brochure and the owners manual, it is supposed to do this...

Old 07-22-2006, 02:05 PM

Yes, hold the key in the door in the unlock position, windows go down. Hold key in lock position, windows go up. On the Key fob, hold the unlock button, windows go down. This only works on 06 models I believe.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:29 PM

Yes, I sent an email to Mazda about this yesterday and they promptly phoned me to advise me to have the dealer check it out as it should work. I have a feeling that when I took the car in to get the windows tinted they may have knocked off a wire somewhere because the power door locks don't kick in either when I use the key in the cylinder, which, from what I understand, they should.

Thanks for the replies...

Old 07-23-2006, 12:53 AM

ORIGINAL: RJB_M6

Hold key in lock position, windows go up. On the Key fob, hold the unlock button, windows go down. This only works on 06 models I believe.
see i do love this feature.
but WHERES THE "HOLD KEY FOB LOCK AND WINDOWS GO UP?"

or am i just too picky lol

Old 07-23-2006, 01:20 AM

They don't go up using the key fob, only down. Noahbody try resetting the power windows yourself. On the driver side door, put the window down a few inches, and then put it up and keep holding th button up. You should hear a click and it wil reset that power window. Then do it again on the passenger side door using the control button on that door.

Old 07-23-2006, 11:03 AM

ORIGINAL: RJB_M6

They don't go up using the key fob, only down. Noahbody try resetting the power windows yourself. On the driver side door, put the window down a few inches, and then put it up and keep holding th button up. You should hear a click and it wil reset that power window. Then do it again on the passenger side door using the control button on that door.
I did try that but didn't make a difference....I'm pretty sure there's a loose wire in there...

I have to take her in to get a piece of weather stripping replaced so I'll get them to check that out at the same time.

Old 07-23-2006, 11:39 PM

I just went out and played with my '06... If you press and hold the unlock, the front windows will go down. The key fob will not allow you raise them back up (kinda dumb)... However, if you put your key in the drivers door, lock the car, and hold the key to the right (towards the trunk) your windows will go up. Noahbody....I would suggest putting your windows down and trying to get them up to help determine the problem.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:27 PM

tried that...no go. I talked to the dealer today and they think it may need a little "reprogramming" to fix it...

no biggie...car's only 2 weeks old :P

Search this Thread