Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.
View Poll Results: A poll
MAZDA
4.35%
DEALER
4.35%
CUSTOMER
30.43%
MAZDA & DEALER
8.70%
MAZDA & CUSTOMER
34.78%
DEALER & CUSTOMER
4.35%
MAZDA, DEALER & CUSTOMER
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

WHO PAID FOR REPLACEMENT TYRES?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Default WHO PAID FOR REPLACEMENT TYRES?

Currently negotiating who pays for my tyres- all 4 worn after only 10,000 miles. Would be interested to see what other people managed then I know what to expect.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:26 PM
SB5
Default RE: WHO PAID FOR REPLACEMENT TYRES?

MAzda UK paid 80% of rear costs
Donads paid the other 20% as good will - after a this apears to be negligent letter letting my wife driver home 20 miles with 2 young children in back and casing showing
I paid for the fronts at £238 - but compaint in writing to MMUK - and photos and nothing heard after one week

Old 05-04-2007, 07:31 PM

Well I cant get even Mazda or the dealer to take any notice of me. I wrote a very stern letter threatening several steps and they aint even replied. My case has been going on since xmas and im fed up with it so time for positive action. Tomorow im off to the showroom with one of the bald tyres and Im going to make my feelings loud and clear!!!! And i have another 3 tyres to deliver after that one. Only off if the showroom is busy!!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:43 AM

It would be interesting to ask a freedom of information question of Mazda UK relating to the tyre wear. They would be legally bound to respond within 14 days.

http://www.freedomofinformation.co.uk/

Why not ask the question?

I have just checked my tyres front on 2006 Mazda 5 Sport after 11800 miles. I was informed at my 1st service in May that I had tyre wear and that it was due to tyre pressure. When I checked the pressure was ok. The tyres at the time of the servce were worn but today I have the white meshing showing and the sides of the tyre breaking away. I'm now in a position that I need to get tyres Monday and I'm sure Mazda won't stump up so i need to know what procedures to follow. Alignment checks, engineers report etc?

Any help?

Old 06-30-2007, 01:19 PM

Have you seen the string of posts on tyre wear? It is a bit of a weighty volume by now, but shows up an almost total lack of consistency from Mazda. My own case is being dealt with by Jo(h)n Smith and I have been offered a "contribution" (unspecified)towards new front tyres based on the amount of tread left on the old ones. Mine are not as bad as yours seem to be, but I only have 8000 miles on the clock. I have put off taking up Mazda's generous offer to correct their ***** up until something more concrete than the smoke and mirrors we are currently being shown appears. Sorry this is no actual help but it may be some small comfort to know that you are one of many.

Regards,

Dave

Old 06-30-2007, 04:09 PM

Thanks for the info. I have had the same info on another site today ref John Smith. I'll try the local dealer next week but its not god value for money 10000 mile per set of tyres is it?

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.p...c&start=15

Old 07-01-2007, 03:58 AM

Just for info the MPV Club forum helped with the attached info. Worth noting the email and contact details and if you have a problem getting in contact with them asap.

I'll keep you informed of my progress.

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?p=158513#158513
[blockquote]
MMUK claim that;
Dunlop have changed the manufacture of the SP 2050's to prevent the wear. (Total tosh according to Dunlop. Also Avon tyres wore in the same way on my car when they were fitted)
MMUK claim to have worked out how to realign the geometry of the wheels properly to make the tyres sit flat on the ground, therefore eliminating the wear problem. (Only time will tell).

You can contact Jon Smith @ MMUK 01322 622 750 or via his email which is jsmit721@mazdaeurope.com
The more people who start moaning at him directly the sooner MMUK will publicly acknowledge the problem and make owners aware of this potentially dangerous problem.
[/blockquote]

Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 PM

Well, so far so good. Contacted Jon Smith this morning by phone at MMUK and although he didn't admit there was a problem he sort of acknowledged it. We phoned him first so that we did the right thing and there was no question of the tyre wear if we had gone elsewhere and had them replaced. Jon contacted Mazda European ssstance who came and collected the car and took it o the dealership. In the mean time we phoned the deale who although not admitting there is a problem admitted that he had 2 other 5s with similar problem lthough he said usually rear tyre wear and mie is front. Anyway Mazda european assistance have a coutesy car in the services so we have a loan car and are now waiting for the dealer to let us know what is next. They have checked the geometary but not told us the outcome yet. We did find out that at the service at 8400 miles the tyres were already worn to illegal level and I should havebeen told then. the dealer didn't tell m only that I had uneven wear and should keep an eye on the pressure. I've done 3000 miles on illegal and dangerous tyres with the famly onboard! Needless to say i'm not happy. However I will await the return of the 5 and see how much Mazda will stump up for tyres and if there is a solution to the problem and keep you informed. I want to work with MMUK to get the problem sorted and not have bad word removed tyre wear and rubbish resale value.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:07 PM

i need to replace my tires and was wondering if 215/50/17 speed rating of an H would be fine i know the car calls for a V rating and what tires would you recomend. I live in wisconsin where there is alot of snow.