Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

What irritrates you about Mazda 5?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Default What irritrates you about Mazda 5?

Apart from the tyre wear what irritates you about the Mazda 5?

Have placed an order for mine. Borrowed the handbook so i will know what is what when i pick up the car. What a load of garbage the handbook is. It covers the global market which means at least three quarters of it does not apply to me. I had to guess what is fitted in the TS2 model. Loved the idea of rear entertainment kit, powered sliding doors, and advanced key system. Anyone have these and what do you reckon to them?

Also why does the UK market not have the 2.3 litre version and an auto box????

Old 08-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Default RE: What irritrates you about Mazda 5?

I love my mazda 5. I just purchased it about 2 weeks ago. It's a 2007 sport w/ the populat equipment package. I'm new to mazdas. What's this about it eating-up tires?

Old 08-31-2007, 01:40 PM

I have not yet received my Mazda 5. delivery is in a fortnight's time. From my understanding the tyre wear is limited to sports model with the 17" tyres. Long timers will correct me if i am wrong

Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 PM

And UK models. North America isn't seeing this.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:48 AM

I know its a minor irritation - and to be fair many modern cars suffer from it. But why are the major graduations on the speedo (MPH or KM/H) even numbers of 10s - 20/40/60/80 etc.30/50/70 would be way more intuitive (as would 90/110/130 in KM/H).

It's indicative of how much I love the 5 that I can't find anything more annoying (with 4k on the clock and recording the tyre wear every 1,000 miles sit looks like I can confirm that the smaller wheeled TS2 is OK for tyre wear)

Old 09-03-2007, 10:18 AM

Terry, had a look at the photo of your car. Is your's in Galaxy Grey colour?

Old 09-03-2007, 10:24 AM

Yes - it has a hint of bluishness in some lights.

There seems to be a number of variations of dark greys (dark grey is aparently the new silver - in the UK at least). Ours was missing its front towing eye cover on delivery so they took one of another car and it was a different colour. I think the Furano grey is a darker hue.

After a fortnight in the Carmargue, ours is a sort of dusty beige at the moment !

Old 09-03-2007, 10:30 AM

Mine is in Galaxy Grey. There is a Furano in Galaxy Grey in the showroom which looked better than the colour in the brochure. When i pick mine up next week it will be the first Galaxy grey Mazda 5 i have seen in the daylight. There are plenty of mazda 5s in both shades of blue and silver. Mine will be TS2 trim like yours.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Terry1100

.......30/50/70 would be way more intuitive
What a bloomin good point. As I read your observation it occured to me just how many times I must check and then double check that I'm really doing 50, for instance, by checking that the needle really is between 40 and 60.

I hated lots of things about my Espace, but the numeric digital speedo was wonderful.

Incidentally Terry, have you spotted that there's now a case in the Tyre Wear thread involving a car with 16" wheels?

My irritation - Why can't the bloomin windscreen wipers park in the right place? Their logic is useless, I think my 1974Ford Capri could park it's wipers better than this, without a computer!

Dave.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:26 AM

Yes digital speedos are magic our Picasso had one as did my C2. Very easy in average speed camera areas. They are also ideal in France as you can just flick them over to KM/H.

Incidentally, is everyone apart from me immune to average speed cameras? I've been in your neck of the woods today (Winsford) and as I passed through the M1 roadworks on the way up (and back) there were people sailing past meat high speed. Or are they all unregistered/uninsured etc and can't be caught?

If the pauper spec cars have the potential to have tyre wear problems, I'm gonna record mine every 500 kmiles from now !!!

Quick Reply: What irritrates you about Mazda 5?